Dream Hammock Thunderbird 11'
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator Econ
    Suspension
    Python straps
    Quote Originally Posted by arcana73 View Post
    I would so go, but I have to work that weekend at the Sabres game. They're probably not making the playoffs this year so once April rolls around I'll have more free time. LMK if you have any other plans, and I could join you.
    Now that CORVID-19 has struck, can you make it?

Hammock
    HH Ultralite Explorer
    Looking forward to returning to Old Loggers Path! Got my vacation day for Friday, March 20th approved. Today I did a day hike at Oil Creek State Park, in Titusville, PA. Did about 8 miles and used trekking poles; which I don't usually use but think I'll need on Old Loggers Path. Had some beautiful weather today. Long range weather forecast for the trip doesn't look too bad- that is if you can believe any weather forecast this far ahead.
    -Daniel

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator Econ
    Suspension
    Python straps
    Weather looks like possible showers Saturday but beautiful on Sunday. Let's gooooooooooo!

Hammock
    HH Ultralite Explorer
    Not sure what to think of the trip now with all that is going on with the coronavirus. Hope there won't be more travel restrictions! I called the Loyalsock State Forest today and they said as of now the trail is still open for use and I obtained my camping permit. A camping permit is required to stay at the Masten campground. If the trip is still possible, anyone else coming can call the Loyalsock State Forest at 570-946-4049 to get your camping permit. The permit is free and advisable as the Masten campground is right by a road and easily checked by rangers. I was not given a campfire permit this early and will have to call back Thursday or Friday to see if campfires are allowed. Pennsylvania State Forest lands have some great trails but it sure is nice going to the Allegheny National Forest and not have to worry about permits! I am a little concerned about the weather forecast. Looks like some cold temperatures! Can I carry enough warm clothes??

-Daniel

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by danielgolite View Post
    Not sure what to think of the trip now with all that is going on with the coronavirus. Hope there won't be more travel restrictions! I called the Loyalsock State Forest today and they said as of now the trail is still open for use and I obtained my camping permit. A camping permit is required to stay at the Masten campground. If the trip is still possible, anyone else coming can call the Loyalsock State Forest at 570-946-4049 to get your camping permit. The permit is free and advisable as the Masten campground is right by a road and easily checked by rangers. I was not given a campfire permit this early and will have to call back Thursday or Friday to see if campfires are allowed. Pennsylvania State Forest lands have some great trails but it sure is nice going to the Allegheny National Forest and not have to worry about permits! I am a little concerned about the weather forecast. Looks like some cold temperatures! Can I carry enough warm clothes??

-Daniel
    I would definitely call whoever you talked to and confirm again - this came across my social media feed this morning, and it reminded me of this thread:

https://www.media.pa.gov/Pages/DCNR_...spx?newsid=646

Good luck!

Hammock
    Kammock Mantis
    Tarp
    Mantis Tarp
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix & Burro
    Suspension
    Mantis webbing str
    Facilities are closed but you can still hike the trail. I would just be careful if there is a significant rain ahead of time. I went last April and had to turn around the log water crossing was too crazy for me to try solo with the high water. I am planning to go back and do it again and finish this time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator Econ
    Suspension
    Python straps
    Barring a travel ban, this trip is still on. The expected temperature Saturday night is 15 degrees so it'll be a "frozen butt hang" with a heavier pack. I will be arriving around 5-6 p.m. As danielgolite said, if you plan on coming please add your name to the permit.

I promise I'll hang more than 6 feet away from everyone else.

EDIT: There is rain in the forecast for Thursday and Friday but it looks like a quarter inch or so. I'm not sure what that will do to the stream level but I expect the whole trip to be a muddy mess. Crossing the stream will be a group decision but I can understand why a solo crossing requires more discretion.
    Last edited by Datahiker; 03-17-2020 at 09:58.

Hammock
    HH Ultralite Explorer
    Datahiker and myself have postponed this trip.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123