Hammock
    Sparrow/Darien
    Tarp
    Palace/WinterDream
    Insulation
    Nunatak/LocoLibre
    Suspension
    Spider/J-Bend
    I cannot sleep on my back in bed but im about a 50/50 back/side sleeper in a hammock. I have the chameleon with symmetrical net and top cover and it worked. I now use asym hammocks (Sparrow and Darien) and they work too. I never change my sleep orientation though. Im always head left, feet right whether im on my back or on my side. The beauty of the chameleon is you can choose whether you want it to be symmetrical or asym.
    Instagram: @tralenoutdoors

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY (Olive Oyl)
    Insulation
    [allergic to down]
    Images
    Turns out sleeping in a hammock all night is different than laying awake in one for a while. I ALWAYS sleep on my side in a bed -- before I started, I didn't know what would happen sleeping in a hammock, figured I would just work out a way to side-sleep. Lo and behold, sleeping in a hammock is a different ball game. I found myself on my back all night, 'dead to the world.' At times I start out sort of turned to the side about 1/2 way, but I do not wake up thrashing around trying to get onto my side--the hammock is holding me and I have found myself completely comfortable and enfolded sleeping all night flat on my back and happy in the morning.

That said, a symmetrical set up would be best for you if you believe you even might be switching sides, or staying on one side (see Shug's vid above). If you're looking at the Chameleon, the bug net is the part that makes it "asymmetric" and it can be reversed for right or left lay. The symmetric bug net will make thrashing around simple. If you later decide you want a symmetric bug net, I am confident you can sell the other net here at very little loss.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ Incubator
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I have XLCs and a Wide Chameleon. I mostly sleep on my back in bed and a hammock but will sleep on my side a few times during the night in the hammock. That said, i have very broad shoulders and find im a bit more comfortable on my side in the Chameleon becuase of the extra width.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortalviking View Post
    I have XLCs and a Wide Chameleon. I mostly sleep on my back in bed and a hammock but will sleep on my side a few times during the night in the hammock. That said, i have very broad shoulders and find im a bit more comfortable on my side in the Chameleon becuase of the extra width.
    That’s good to know; I’m also a big dude and have only ever used an XLC so I’ve always wondered about a wide hammock

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    Bonded Wide Winter
    Insulation
    SheltoweeUQ/UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Haven'tSettledYet
    I'm a BIG (6' 4" x 350 lbs) side sleeper & I switch sides/diagonals a handful of times during the night due to an old back injury. My go-to hammock is my extra-wide (72") Sparrow by Dream Hammock. I opted for the symetrical bug net & top cover due to my flip-flopping issue. For what it's worth, though, I find that I flip & flop less in the hammock than I do in my bed at home. One challenge that I had was continually readjusting my under quilt every time I switched diagonals. Then Alex at Sheltowee hooked me up with his Shell underquilt, and I haven't had that problem since.
    Enjoying my fall into the rabbit hole...

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Becket
    I sleep both on my back and on both sides in my chameleon. Like a lot of folks have said there is a sweet spot for me that I settle into on when I’m side sleeping. I do sleep on my back more in a hammock than a bed though. I widh I could just pass out and stay on my back all night in a hammock but I always wind up moving around. I guess the only way to know for sure is to just give it a try andcsee what works for you!

Quote Originally Posted by fivefreds View Post
    I'm a BIG (6' 4" x 350 lbs) side sleeper & I switch sides/diagonals a handful of times during the night due to an old back injury. My go-to hammock is my extra-wide (72") Sparrow by Dream Hammock. I opted for the symetrical bug net & top cover due to my flip-flopping issue. For what it's worth, though, I find that I flip & flop less in the hammock than I do in my bed at home. One challenge that I had was continually readjusting my under quilt every time I switched diagonals. Then Alex at Sheltowee hooked me up with his Shell underquilt, and I haven't had that problem since.
    I’m gonna have to check out that UQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123