Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chard View Post
    Very nice setup.

Any gear tweaks or fixes you'd make for your next excursion?
    I started writing a few reminders down at home last night. Just small stuff:

- SLIPPERS!!! Or Crocs. What a difference that would have made. I had a nice canvas floor that I didn't want to dirty up with boots. But just wearing socks on that with a rubber pad wasn't bad.
    - Extra AAA and AA batteries. Even though I didn't run out, why chance it. I ran my remote LED strings lights on the ceiling a lot. Listened to the radio. But I'm sure I didn't even put a dent in either.
    - Safety glasses for chainsaw. I know proper safety would include a lot more, but ear plugs and glasses are my minimum.
    - A few cinch straps for the tank in front of toboggan. I don't think it was dragging, but I'd like to narrow it down. It's a 12x12" square, but puffs out into an oval when packed.
    - Take time to square up the tent. Setting up at midnight after driving and getting in, I wasn't in the mood. But after tweaking it a bit the second day really helped get it taut and shed snow. I'll take my time when back out in a couple weeks.

I'm actually surprised that's it!

I think that pizza looked amazing. I know you're supposed to start with praising the shelter, hootch, stove, and all but still wow. I've never thought of cooking under neither the stove. Will try sometime. Nice to see your trip...thanks

Hammock
    Sparrow/Darien
    Tarp
    Palace/WinterDream
    Insulation
    Nunatak/LocoLibre
    Suspension
    Spider/J-Bend
    All of you guys with snow....Im jealous. I haven't seen snow in 2 years. I want a smokehouse except he doesn't make one with an air conditioner. Im gonna have to come up north with some of you guys in order to get some cold camping.
    Instagram: @tralenoutdoors

Hammock
    Dutch 2.4 Hexon 11'
    Tarp
    DD 4x4, 5x5
    Insulation
    HG econ 0* UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Loop Straps
    Images
    Excellent Report Mark!!

I'm working on not thinking about GT every hour during the days now since I had difficulty getting out into the woods this past month.

Couple more weeks and it will be time to scratch that deep woods itch and get some fireside relaxing in at GT.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and all the new kit that seems to be happening with our camping crowd.

See you soon!!

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG DCF
    Insulation
    HG premium down
    Images
    That is pretty cool!! Nice set up you have there.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by s martin View Post
    I think that pizza looked amazing. I know you're supposed to start with praising the shelter, hootch, stove, and all but still wow.
    LOL no kidding! She asked "how about a Parmesan or garlic crust on that?" I said "garlic sounds good". Most important 3 words out of my mouth in the past 8 months I believe. Icing on the cake, or...whatever.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair, Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG, Zpacks, DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre, HG
    Suspension
    MyersTech
    Images
    Your hot tent setup with stove looks like that'd be a fun way to spend some time in the woods. That's great you can use the stove to cook & bake with... pretty slick.

Senior Member Pennsy Camp and Canoe's Avatar
    Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless - Dark OG
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Winter hex
    Insulation
    LLG UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Images
    can I have some details on the tent? Maker and what material is it made out of?

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    DCF Winter
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ @ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoope
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    Ha I believe any decent woodsman would call it that! Or a toy. Sure did a great job though! 4" is the perfect diameter for wood to split, so the 10" bar is plenty.
    What brand of chain saw is it? Looks like Oregon, but I can't quite tell. Thanks for the excellent post.
    Since I retired, some times I stay awake all day, some times all night.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennsy Camp and Canoe View Post
    can I have some details on the tent? Maker and what material is it made out of?
    Member 'Smokehouse' here makes them. The Outfitter I (mine) has a lean-to on one side. the Outfitter II is 8" longer and has the "wall/roof" on both sides. I wanted to keep things simple, and I didn't need the space so I went with the smaller version. And my stove is tiny anyway. I'm glad because now I only have to worry about snow load on one side. And there's plenty of space on the lean-to side for ALL of my gear. I sit on the other side with stove and small table.

There are several options so PM or email Michael for details - [email protected].

I went with the 1.9 PU coated nylon with UV inhibitor and FR coating. Let me say, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this material. Very nice substantial feel to it. I won't be backpacking, so I didn't need the UL stuff, which is an option. Out in the winter where things are a bit "rougher", I don't like to skimp. Plus the stove, holding heat, etc. It made sense. Whatever you do, go with a light color like this gray; it's like daytime inside. I considered white, but that would get so dirty. Otherwise, it would be pretty depressing sitting inside in the dark. I'm putting some kind of window in eventually for a little view.

Quote Originally Posted by psyculman View Post
    What brand of chain saw is it? Looks like Oregon, but I can't quite tell. Thanks for the excellent post.
    Two other guys I camp with had this. It was a MUST HAVE after seeing it in action. It's a Scheppach CSP2540; German saw made in China shipped from Italy After filling up, it coughed on the 3rd pull right out of the box, started on the 4th pull. Runs great and fits perfectly in one of my totes where I keep all the other dirty/smelly stuff.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast