Hammock
    Dutchware netted
    Tarp
    Ghill Gorilla 12
    Insulation
    stratus insul.pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie

Thumbs up New Half-Zipped Dutchware Hammock Excited!

SO I have recently gotten back to hammock camping, and spent a lot of time looking for a better entry point, I came from the eno/amok and recently purchased a hammock from Dutchware.

Now I'm a big boy (actually Fat, but let’s not start picking on me just yet), I also did not have the $ to move to the high end under/top quilt and tarp so I wanted something that would allow me to use an existing insulated sleeping pad and a cheap eno underquilt from my early days.

I went with Dutchware Half-Zipped with 2 layers. of Hexon 2.4 why? well for one.. in fat, plus I now can use my pad between the layers and the extra thickness should have no issue with weight, maybe after a year I will move to a more advanced hammock but this bad boy is built to last. With the bug net sewn in its one less thing I need to deal with. I may purchase a sock later as I don’t do that much cold weather camping, and no I'm not a back-packer or hiker. Did I mention in fat. I own a Jeep 4x4 and pull a small trailer on my Jeep outings so.. im 100% not in the light gear crowd.

Now that I have humiliated myself let’s get to my 1st thoughts. (pic to come as the weather has been poor but will update this thread with some pic's once I get time to set it up)

1st. The Quality is amazing, from what I spent I was most impressed at the quality of Dutch's product. OMG this thing is well put together and a lot of time was put into making sure it’s a quality product. I spent an hour looking over the stitching and how it was constructed. If you’re looking for Quality Dutchware is A+ in my book.

2nd. buying experience. Website was easy and shipping was super-fast, appears as I got a personally thanks (guessing it was from Dutch) written on my invoice in the package. Nice touch and tracking and email updates where nice.

3rd. did I say Quality. Ok. see #1 just can’t say any more about how well this thing is.

I am using WoopieSlings and toggles for hooking into my tree straps, which I may swap but I have used them in the past and it’s something I know.

SO for now thats my early thoughts on my new Dutchware half-zipped hammock.

again, photos to come once the weather allows me to venture out and set this bad-boy up.
    IMG_0509.jpg
    IMG_0510.jpg
    Last edited by kent10s; 02-01-2020 at 16:18. Reason: adding photos

• + New Posts