Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    HG, UGQ, CDT clew
    Suspension
    MyersTech
    Images

Question Hangle with TATO and DW Chameleon

Just received my TATO (like it so far). Tried putting my DW Chameleon on it and,,,,. Far to short to hang from the included carabiners, no problem I'll grab my suspension straps. I found that to get the continuous ridgeline tight (how I've always hung with trees), the hammock is waaaaay to high. To get my Chameleon at a suitable height the ridgeline is very slacked, however it does tighten when I'm in it.

My current Chameleon setup: Myerstech universal continuous loops, Suspension DW Spider straps with Beetle Buckles.

For those of you with a similar setup; How do you hang your hammock off of the TATO (pictures welcomed)? Is your ridgeline slack when empty? If slacked ridgeline is OK, does this reduce my weight rating?

Note to admins; please move this to the appropriate thread if I've posted in the wrong location.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Journey 12'
    Insulation
    HG Econ/Tiaga 360
    Suspension
    Straps and UCR
    I don't have a TATO stand but my ridgeline has some slack in it when hung on my DIY Tensa stand. The ridgeline tightens up fine when I'm in the hammock and the lay is perfect with no calf ridge etc. My Tensa allows for a pretty long hang I haven't got around to measuring it though. The tarp is a 12' HG Journey and there's probably about 8" between the apex of the stand and the D-rings. Base line is set at 6'. Foot end is about 16" higher than the head, using straps and Beetle buckles, adjustable srl set slightly shorter than the standard srl (within an inch iirc). Oh and the hammock is a standard width 1.6 Chameleon with moonlight top cover. HG Econ Incubator Long 20 degree UQ.

Last edited by ravenblack; 02-06-2020 at 08:02.

Hammock
    BBXLC
    Quote Originally Posted by Geekmedic View Post
    I found that to get the continuous ridgeline tight (how I've always hung with trees), the hammock is waaaaay to high.
    Isn't that why the legs are length adjustable, to give you some control over the sit height.

My full up Tato stand is out for delivery, but I also built the kit version using EMT and made my legs / top rail lengths specific to my Chameleon (also have a BBXLC, HH)

To me, hangle is just a starting point, find what works for you. At +250, I'm sure my hang parameters are a lot different than yours, but I will say that with a year of continuous hanging I've found myself setting us with increasingly less taut ridgelines with little if any negative consequences on comfort.

Hammock
    SLD TL, DW Chameleon, Haven XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    HG, UGQ, CDT clew
    Suspension
    MyersTech
    Images
    With the Tato I need the maximum height for my hot tent, so making the Tato shorter is not an option for winter time hanging. With my homemade Tensa my hammock ridgeline is the ridgeline between the ends, so never any slack.

I'll just have to get out and use the Tato and experiment more. TY

• + New Posts