WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain wanderer View Post
    Right on! You're in the heart of some great backpacking! I'm hoping to get to the Wasatch this year, but I really want to get back to the High Uintas.
    Ya you do. I know I'm biased because they are local to me, but the Uintas, and specifically the High Uintas Wilderness Area, is pound for pound one of the best backpacking places anywhere.

I have to say though, the last few years my motorcycle trips and camping have involved Northern Idaho, Montana, and such. Hard to beat. So glad I live in this region of the country.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Arrowhead
    Excellent video!!! What a beautiful place!! Your doggie had a blast!!! Thanks for the great video/report!!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Incubato
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytown3 View Post
    Ya you do. I know I'm biased because they are local to me, but the Uintas, and specifically the High Uintas Wilderness Area, is pound for pound one of the best backpacking places anywhere.

I have to say though, the last few years my motorcycle trips and camping have involved Northern Idaho, Montana, and such. Hard to beat. So glad I live in this region of the country.
    The Uintas are great camping and hiking and there's so much to explore whether backpacking or car camping. Which is one reason Causey and Middle Fork surprised me. I had written those off as party places for the younger crowd. Seeing them through fresh eyes makes me think I should have another look sometime soon.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair(s)
    Tarp
    SLD & Mtn. Fly
    Insulation
    HG 0,20,40 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & webbing
    Beautiful thanks! That is one happy dog. So nice to have them along where feasible. Mine is too nuts!
    The deep mystery gives rise to the spirits -Charc

Always strive to be the best but never believe you are - Juan Manuel Fangio

Senior Member mountain wanderer's Avatar
    Hammock
    Simply Light Designs - Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ / HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytown3 View Post

I love the High Uintas! At some point, maybe not this year, but there is a Highline thru hike in my future.

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo View Post
    Excellent video!!! What a beautiful place!! Your doggie had a blast!!! Thanks for the great video/report!!
    Thanks for taking the time to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by UTrider View Post
    The Uintas are great camping and hiking and there's so much to explore whether backpacking or car camping. Which is one reason Causey and Middle Fork surprised me. I had written those off as party places for the younger crowd. Seeing them through fresh eyes makes me think I should have another look sometime soon.
    I've always wanted to a trip from North Ogden Canyon to Willard Basin. I believe that there is trail there though it wouldn't be that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytow View Post
    Beautiful thanks! That is one happy dog. So nice to have them along where feasible. Mine is too nuts!
    My dog loves backpacking and then you throw in some snow and he is in heaven. I'm hoping that this year I've have a chance to hook him up to a sled and see if he can pull some gear in.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12