Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    LOL! This is crazy, because I am looking at the video as I type, and it still shows, under the 78" LW a weight of 33 oz(830gm) and under the 87" long XL weighs 29 oz(940gm). The gm heavier weight appears to be under the longer pad as expected, but the oz appear to be reversed. I'm starting to wonder if there is something wrong with my eyes.

No matter for me, I know what they mean.

I'm thinking an LW would still be long enough for 6'1"? Especially as I can add a pillow. Opinions?
    Oh, I wasn't looking at the video. Just the specs on the product page.

Images
    I see the R value at the product page: 5

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Draumr Tarp 3.0
    Insulation
    I have many pads
    Yes we do; R-value = 5 So that translates into -18 degrees celcius and 0 degrees fahrenheit aprox.

Stay wild
    Didrik @ Amok
    Customer support and marketing content @ Amok Equipment
    https://www.amokequipment.com/

Hammock
    Amok Draumr XL
    Tarp
    Cave Creek Hammock
    Insulation
    Amok Fjøl XL
    Suspension
    Amok suspension
    Can't wait for mine to get here!

Images
    I ordered one (XL) as well. Haven't received shipping notification yet, but I'm not in a big hurry for it.

Images
    Actually just got the shipment note 4 minutes after previous post. Go figure.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    My XL Draumr and Fjøl arrived today. As soon as my Dr (broken arm) gives me the OK I'll try it out.

Please post tips, etc. as you all try out yours.

Images
    I received mine a few minutes ago. I haven't taken it out of the sack yet, but rolled up in the sack, it's no larger than the 3-season Fjøl XL. I like the color. Sort of a brick red on top and gray on the bottom. It won't match my blue Draumr too well, but that's not important.

Hammock
    Black Bird XLC, Chameleon, Draumr
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts/Pads
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    I received mine a few minutes ago. I haven't taken it out of the sack yet, but rolled up in the sack, it's no larger than the 3-season Fjøl XL. I like the color. Sort of a brick red on top and gray on the bottom. It won't match my blue Draumr too well, but that's not important.
    Nice, can't wait for the reports to start coming in. The 3 season pad is personally a one season pad for me, cold sleeper. I took it out the weekend before Halloween, which was actually pretty warm (70 during the day and 55 at night), and had to double up my 1/8 ccf pad under my hips. I took it out again this past weekend with another pad estimated to have an r-value of 5 and froze at 30 during the day in full sunlight. That particular company has recently stopped listings r-values for their newer pads. I switched setups before it got dark and returned the pad this week. I suppose the lesson learned is to add 40 degrees for a comfort rating similar to how sleeping bags are treated in terms of survival and comforting ratings because I never get anywhere close to advertised ratings. I was about to pull the trigger on an Exped downmat xp 9 until I relieved the newsletter for this pad. I gotta say I like the price point on this pad better.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mehyatink View Post
    Nice, can't wait for the reports to start coming in. The 3 season pad is personally a one season pad for me, cold sleeper. I took it out the weekend before Halloween, which was actually pretty warm (70 during the day and 55 at night), and had to double up my 1/8 ccf pad under my hips. I took it out again this past weekend with another pad estimated to have an r-value of 5 and froze at 30 during the day in full sunlight. That particular company has recently stopped listings r-values for their newer pads. I switched setups before it got dark and returned the pad this week. I suppose the lesson learned is to add 40 degrees for a comfort rating similar to how sleeping bags are treated in terms of survival and comforting ratings because I never get anywhere close to advertised ratings. I was about to pull the trigger on an Exped downmat xp 9 until I relieved the newsletter for this pad. I gotta say I like the price point on this pad better.
    I've slept in the 3 season right on the edge of its 25° rating, but never below. For me, with a 20° TQ, I stayed comfortable, but I don't think I could take it 10° lower without supplementing or sacrificing comfort. Based on that experience, I'd expect this new pad to work for me down to roundabout 0° but time will tell. I haven't had a chance to sleep out in a while, and we haven't had temps that cold in a while either. Mild winter.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast