Tarp Question for folks with Tato Hammock Stands

I picked up a couple Tato Stands for my WBRR's to do some car camping this year (suitable trees in Western OK are few and far between) and I'd like to pick up some tarps as well. I know a lot of folks recommend a 13' tarp for WBRR's but I'm curious if that will be compatible with the attachments on the Tato stand. Anyone have any experience with this?

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Just a note that the reason 13 ft tarps are suggested for the WBRR is because the recommended distance between the apex point on the suspension lines is 13 ft. And that only matters if your tarp has doors that you want completely closed. If your tarp doesn't have doors, or you don't mind a few inches opening at the very top of the doors, then you don't have to restrict yourself to a 13 ft tarp.
    Last edited by cougarmeat; 03-08-2020 at 13:02.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    11' Dutch Netless
    Tarp
    SuperFly, others
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ/ENO
    Suspension
    Cinch,Whoopie,Atla
    I have a TATO and a RR.

A 13’ tarp will absolutely not fit on the stand.

The RR on a TATO is already pretty borderline, it’s just a tiny bit too short to get a perfect hang. I’ve spent about a week in mine and it’s definitely better between trees. My 11’ gathered ends fit perfectly. I typically use a Hennessy Hex tarp with the TATO regardless of the hammock I’m using - it’s just fits perfectly and is plenty of coverage for spring/summer/fall camping.

You don’t really need a 13’ TATO unless your camping in storm weather or heavy snow and want to close your doors.

Just my $0.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutchwear HalfZip
    Tarp
    Squidbilly made
    Insulation
    HG 20º Incubator,
    Suspension
    Straps with beetle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtBee View Post
    I picked up a couple Tato Stands for my WBRR's to do some car camping this year (suitable trees in Western OK are few and far between) and I'd like to pick up some tarps as well. I know a lot of folks recommend a 13' tarp for WBRR's but I'm curious if that will be compatible with the attachments on the Tato stand. Anyone have any experience with this?
    My wife has a RR and we have to hook the hammock on the stand where the triangle connects going to the whoopie string. We have to put her tarp overtop the stand. Over all the the tato stand does not work well the ridge runner and tarps. It is hard to get the tarp wide enough to not be really close ends of the ridge runner.
    "Lets drive up to the Hills and get lost somewhere..." Chinatown by Folk Soul Revival
    Life is a Thru Hike... Hike Well. ΙΧΘΥΣ

Thankyou all for the info. I picked up the Tato stands based on a few youtube videos featuring a Tato/RR. It looked like a pretty slick set up.

Hopefully, I'm not too disappointed.

Based on what y'all are saying a smaller tarp should be just fine for my needs. I'm just trying to ease the wife into not needing an RV to enjoy the great outdoors.

Hammock
    11' Dutch Netless
    Tarp
    SuperFly, others
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ/ENO
    Suspension
    Cinch,Whoopie,Atla
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtBee View Post
    Thankyou all for the info. I picked up the Tato stands based on a few youtube videos featuring a Tato/RR. It looked like a pretty slick set up.

Hopefully, I'm not too disappointed.

Based on what y'all are saying a smaller tarp should be just fine for my needs. I'm just trying to ease the wife into not needing an RV to enjoy the great outdoors.
    The RR works fine on the Tato, but do hook straight to the triangles instead of the dogbones to reduce the total length.

Way better than an RV!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts