HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Exclamation BMBH on e-bay crazy low winning bid!

So I was browsing e-bay today and came across a BMBH auction that was about to end and the highest bid at that point was only $67.50. I thought about putting in a $70 bid just for fun bc I figured there'd be know way it would win with only an hour left, but **** if I wasn't dead wrong! I just checked and it sold for $68.50! It had only been used 5 times the seller claimed and was still in brand new comdition. I almost started a thread to let anyone who might be interested know but wasn't sure if that would brake any rules of not. Here's the link https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bear-Mounta...edirect=mobile
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway:UGQ WD
    Insulation
    UGQ,KAQ,Tewa
    Suspension
    strap/buckles
    Images
    Wow! That was a deal!

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    I really want to try a bridge hammock one day. Just can't afford one right now. That could've been my chance!
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

Images
    Since I have 2 BMBHs(the original with removable bug net and pad pocket and the 2nd model they called the UL, a single layer with zippered non removable net), PLUS a JRB James River bridge(the newest), PLUS a WBRR, I really should sell one or more of my bridges.

The truth is, while I prefer the James River and the WBRR, there is - IMO - nothing at all wrong with those original BMBHs. I have had more than a few comfy night's sleeps in both of them. I know many think they are a bit tight in the shoulders, but even though I am fairly broad shouldered, once I got used to them, I simply have zero issues with the shoulder room. I still think highly of both of those hammocks. It was that original(I mean one of the first ones ever made) BMBH that I took on that first ever (I think, or almost first) group hangs in the Sipsey, in Feb, that time when we got maybe 5" of snow in AL. I used a JRB MW UQ, all under a JRB 11X10 tarp. Slept comfy, cozy and warm as the snow came down and the sound of the nearby waterfalls lulled me to sleep. I'll never forget that trip! I used the same set up on my 3rd Sipsey trip, when I took my grand son on his first back pack.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN XL GE
    Tarp
    DIY .9 Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    Various Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps (J-Bend)
    Images
    Re: your experience in bridge hammocks BillyBob ...

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    I know many think they are a bit tight in the shoulders, but even though I am fairly broad shouldered, once I got used to them, I simply have zero issues with the shoulder room.
    I'm a fairly big guy (6'2"/245lbs) with broad shoulders. What's worse is that I'm also fetal position side sleeper who tosses and turns. Over time, I've managed to figure out how roll over and and remain fairly flat in my hammock, but it took changing to an asym Warbonnet. I never could make it work in regular gathered-end hammocks I'd tried previously. I've NEVER been able to sleep on my back, even when I get the hammock dialed-in. I just can't fall asleep or stay asleep on my back no matter how comfortable I get.

One of the reasons I've wanted to try a bridge is to see whether the flatter lay would be easier for me to get comfortable again after flipping from one side to the other. But, like you, I've heard that they tend to be narrow and feel cramped. I can see how it might be a problem to sleep fetal if it's a squeeze.

I realize that everyone sleeps differently, but I'd like your opinion. Based on your experience with bridges, do you think a guy my size would be able to sleep comfortably in a fetal position and find a good position again quickly after rolling over? What might be the challenges or issues I might face?
    ~ All I want is affordable, simple, ultralight luxury. That’s not asking too much is it?

• + New Posts