Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Question Most comfortable hammock for full time hanging indoors?

Hi everyone, new guy here. I'm a 5'11" veteran with back pain. I've been sleeping in a hammock indoors for 3 months now and it helps.

My setup ATM, I've got eye bolts in the wall studs and a "Chillax" double hammock I bought from Costco years ago. Adjustable Amsteel ridgeline, homemade underquilt.

It serves me okay, but I'd like to hear what you folks think the most comfortable hammock is.
    I don't do a lot of camping so the weight isn't an issue, and bugnets and other accessories aren't necessary.

I've had my eye on the Chameleon. I've heard it's comfy and I do like its versatility with all the accessories made for it I could purchase down the road. I'm also tempted to try a bridge style hammock like Warbonnet Ridgerunner, but I worry that may be too close to a bed and my back pain could get worse. All input welcome.
    Last edited by Solidsmud; 01-23-2020 at 17:45.

Images
    It will depend on the fabric feel that you like (soft or slippery). Consider getting a Brazilian style hammock. I've had a Vivere from Amazon for the last 5 years and it has held up excellent. Great for sore, tired backs.

Edit: i'm assuming you mean for indoors. Otherwise, please clarify.

I hadn't considered a Brazilian hammock, thank you. I haven't tried one yet so I would be concerned with how it felt, hopefully I can find a floor model to try first.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidsmud View Post
    I hadn't considered a Brazilian hammock, thank you. I haven't tried one yet so I would be concerned with how it felt, hopefully I can find a floor model to try first.
    I don't think you'll be finding a floor model to try first. I've certainly never heard of any place that has hammocks set up for you to try. For that matter, I've never even seen a tent floor model. You'll probably have to purchase what you want to try, and return it if you don't like it.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Images
    I think the Vivere's on amazon are <$50 nowadays. Its not a bad price for a trial run. I think the Brazilians are more confortable than camping hammocks for indoors. They are typically 13-14ft long and solid cotton.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...
    I love my big cotton Brazilian hammock. It’s got a great flat lay, the fabric is warmer when it’s cool, but breathes well.

Charlotte

Most comfortable hammock for full time hanging indoors?

Hello fellow full time hanger. My current fave is the LA siesta flora. It's a beast of a 13' cotton Brazilian. I LOVE it. ( I am a 6'2" paramedic who USE to have lower back problems.) here's is my setup. Honestly anything by LA siesta is worth its weight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BambulanceMan That model may be a bit much for my space, and my wallet, but if I were to order from them, I'm having trouble discerning the difference in the Currambera, Paloma, and Brisa. Do you have any info there?

I'd say go for a dedicated indoor hammock. A Chameleon would be overkill. Making a netless gathered-end hammock from some material that you like the feel of would be sooooo cheap! The Chameleon (or something from WB or DH) would be a terrific outdoor hammock. The indoor one doesn't need to be made from a fabric intended for outdoor use.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidsmud View Post
    BambulanceMan That model may be a bit much for my space, and my wallet, but if I were to order from them, I'm having trouble discerning the difference in the Currambera, Paloma, and Brisa. Do you have any info there?
    I hear ya, it's a wee bit expensive but worth it.

The brisa is weather resistant and not as comfortable as a sleeper, so skip that one. The Paloma is the classic double in cotton. Good choice. It is a half cotton half polyester bed same as the currambera. The diffrence between those two is the fabric density. The currambera is denser, like a higher thread count in sheets. The one I actually reccomend is the Carolina. Highest fabric density of the three and worth the extra price. It actually has a higher density than mine but it is still a 50 percent polyester cotton blend. The flora, (my king-size hammock is 100% cotton. So there ya go!

Medic, Coffee nerd, Otaku, Fisherman.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast