Hammock
    WBRR/ Draumr XL
    Tarp
    Cloudburst/ Borg
    Insulation
    Ridgecreek
    Suspension
    Many
    I have the double layer RR and like using the pad in it. I also use an underquilt with it at times and they work great together. I’d recommend getting a double layer, I got mine used so it wasn’t so expensive. If you wind up not liking the double layer or a pad you can sell it and get the single layer.

I went for the double layer because the WBRR is my very first hammock so I have all the options. Underquilt or sleeping pad ... I'm positive that one of those will work for me. Also the difference in weight isn't that big. I ordered on June 9 and have no tracking number yet, patiently waiting for the shipping. Can't wait!

Hammock
    Dutch Netless, WBRR, WBBB
    Tarp
    WB SF / CB
    Insulation
    HG UQ's LL+HG TQ's
    Suspension
    CB's/TurtleTies

RR Double layer or not ?

The WBRR, (double layer) is the most comfortable hammock that I own, especially when used with an insulated air mat, (exped synmat inflated half way).
    "When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power. The world will know peace." ~ Jimi Hendrix
    "No matter where you go, there you are." ~ Buckaroo Banzai

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    AHE Ridge Creek XL
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    When I got my RR 3 years ago I decided on the DL because I wasn't able to layout money for an UQ, since I was purchasing a tarp and a sock at the same time. I started out using a pad and a sleeping bag as a TQ. For the first two years I used a pad and it was fine. Last year I purchased the AHE Ridge Creek XL UQ and the HG Econ Burrow (20d) TQ and that is my spring/fall system. In the summer I use a Pine Down blanket instead of the HG. In the early spring and late fall I make use of the DL to put a military casualty blanket in there for additional insulation. I think the additional weight of the DL is minimal (I wouldn't even notice it in my pack) and like others have said, I am glad to have the option to use the sleeve for a pad or other insulator.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    I am totally happy with a single layer... The pad takes away all the comfort for me

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I have a double layer and the grand kids fight over it. I bought another ... one gets a pad, the other gets the under quilt, neither one wants to switch.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12