CVKealey

I find that I am in a similar position to you... I just got my RidgeRunner in time to try it out over Father's Day weekend. I fiddled with it for a couple hours experimenting with different heights for the foot end and with and without a pad. The pad felt a little better so that's what I kept for the night. I woke up with a terrible ache in my lower back. Never had that issue in the few nights I've spent in a gathered end hammock... Anyways after that I'm thinking its just not for me... I'm primarily a side/belly sleeper and this hammock seems geared toward back sleepers with the built in pillow feature. I'm 6' tall ~180lbs and widish shoulders and when on my side whichever shoulder was down I could feel a lot of pressure. Like sleeping on too firm of a mattress. This side position also caused a "tweak" in my lower back where my ribs on the side facing up were nearly in contact with my pelvic bone. So when people say a RidgeRunner is good for side sleepers, I'm guessing they are referring to a sort of half side half back position. I did try this position, but it was simply not comfortable for me. I've been reading a lot on here about Just Bill's recessed bar bridge hammocks and am considering giving him a call and seeing if he has anything that might work for me.

I don't think I can sell on here yet as I don't have enough posts, but if I could I would...