Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    AHE Ridge Creek XL
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    I have been getting my best nights of sleep in my RR since I got it more than 2 years ago. I don't see myself ever getting another hammock.

Hammock
    WBRR, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WL OMW, DW Hex
    Insulation
    Lynx & Wooki UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cilp Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Slack Packhiker View Post
    I have a Ridge Runner hanging in the house, have rested in it, and attempted to sleep overnight. I just don’t find the sweet spot as I do with the WBBB. I feel rather confined, and limited in my ability to get comfortable on my side.

So I think I must be doing something wrong, perhaps with the hang, although it follows WB’s recommendations. Anybody have any hacks or suggestions? I feel like I’m close to getting it right, but missing the mark.

Thank you
    I've found that I like a very tight pitch. The more sag you have the less comfortable it it for side sleeping. When I'm laying on my back there is 79" between the head and foot spreader bars. I also found that when I exceed 79" the hammock starts to feel very "tippy". I added a ridgeline so that I get close to the amount of sag from one set up to another. I sleep pretty well with a sort of half back half side position.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Since this pandemic has started and the weather has been so cool I've slept out in the back yard about a dozen times. On Tuesday night I tried my Chameleon hammock and it was the worst nights sleep I've ever had in a hammock. I couldn't stay at an angle to keep a flat lie, I fought with my underquilt all night long, I hated that dang extra material blocking my view, and I got so tired of not having a place to put my stuff. When I got out to use the bathroom my pillow kept falling out and the top quilt was under me when I crawled back in. I guess that finalizes that my goto hammock is my RidgeRunner.

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailBlaser View Post
    I have been getting my best nights of sleep in my RR since I got it more than 2 years ago. I don't see myself ever getting another hammock.
    I'll take that bet

Hammock
    Warbonnet ridgerunner/ chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Since this pandemic has started and the weather has been so cool I've slept out in the back yard about a dozen times. On Tuesday night I tried my Chameleon hammock and it was the worst nights sleep I've ever had in a hammock. I couldn't stay at an angle to keep a flat lie, I fought with my underquilt all night long, I hated that dang extra material blocking my view, and I got so tired of not having a place to put my stuff. When I got out to use the bathroom my pillow kept falling out and the top quilt was under me when I crawled back in. I guess that finalizes that my goto hammock is my RidgeRunner.
    I put two side slings on my chameleon, because the Ridgerunner spoiled me on the side storage. I’m happy to say though, I still find my DL wide to be mighty comfy. But I agree with you,the RR is still king.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    warbonnet ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Dyneema
    Insulation
    warbonnet lynx
    Suspension
    dutch jewelery
    The magic is right there ...

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway:UGQ WD
    Insulation
    UGQ,KAQ,Tewa
    Suspension
    strap/buckles
    Images
    Once I got my RR, it was over. Became the go to. Best sleep. Found I have to raise the foot end a little higher. And when hanging straps I hang them a little lower than eye level. Seems to flatten lay out for me. I try to lay close to the head bar with my head. That is my sweet spot. Find less squeeze there. I primarily back lay but have slept on side. This is usually the one that goes camping with me the most. It's crazy cause I switched from my Hennessy explorer deluxe to a blackbird and thought that was heaven after that switch. If you have real wide shoulders, heard the squeeze feels more. Good luck.

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by infrastellar View Post
    The magic is right there ...

Nice spot & pic

Hammock
    WBRR, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WL OMW, DW Hex
    Insulation
    Lynx & Wooki UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cilp Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by richtorfla View Post
    Once I got my RR, it was over. Became the go to. Best sleep. Found I have to raise the foot end a little higher. And when hanging straps I hang them a little lower than eye level. Seems to flatten lay out for me. I try to lay close to the head bar with my head. That is my sweet spot. Find less squeeze there. I primarily back lay but have slept on side. This is usually the one that goes camping with me the most. It's crazy cause I switched from my Hennessy explorer deluxe to a blackbird and thought that was heaven after that switch. If you have real wide shoulders, heard the squeeze feels more. Good luck.
    Ditto with having the foot end a little higher than the head end and laying with my head close to the head end spreader bar.

I had a single layer RR for a short time. I'm wondering if I didn't give it a fair shake. I use an uq with my gathered ends, but if you want to mess with a pad, is the double layer RR better or just drop the pad on top?

Can you hang the RR in a 13' span? It seemed really long to me.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast