Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    CVKealey

I find that I am in a similar position to you... I just got my RidgeRunner in time to try it out over Father's Day weekend. I fiddled with it for a couple hours experimenting with different heights for the foot end and with and without a pad. The pad felt a little better so that's what I kept for the night. I woke up with a terrible ache in my lower back. Never had that issue in the few nights I've spent in a gathered end hammock... Anyways after that I'm thinking its just not for me... I'm primarily a side/belly sleeper and this hammock seems geared toward back sleepers with the built in pillow feature. I'm 6' tall ~180lbs and widish shoulders and when on my side whichever shoulder was down I could feel a lot of pressure. Like sleeping on too firm of a mattress. This side position also caused a "tweak" in my lower back where my ribs on the side facing up were nearly in contact with my pelvic bone. So when people say a RidgeRunner is good for side sleepers, I'm guessing they are referring to a sort of half side half back position. I did try this position, but it was simply not comfortable for me. I've been reading a lot on here about Just Bill's recessed bar bridge hammocks and am considering giving him a call and seeing if he has anything that might work for me.

I don't think I can sell on here yet as I don't have enough posts, but if I could I would...

Hammock
    11' Dutchware Netless
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG Econ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by papagreen View Post
    CVKealey

I find that I am in a similar position to you... I just got my RidgeRunner in time to try it out over Father's Day weekend. I fiddled with it for a couple hours experimenting with different heights for the foot end and with and without a pad. The pad felt a little better so that's what I kept for the night. I woke up with a terrible ache in my lower back. Never had that issue in the few nights I've spent in a gathered end hammock... Anyways after that I'm thinking its just not for me... I'm primarily a side/belly sleeper and this hammock seems geared toward back sleepers with the built in pillow feature. I'm 6' tall ~180lbs and widish shoulders and when on my side whichever shoulder was down I could feel a lot of pressure. Like sleeping on too firm of a mattress. This side position also caused a "tweak" in my lower back where my ribs on the side facing up were nearly in contact with my pelvic bone. So when people say a RidgeRunner is good for side sleepers, I'm guessing they are referring to a sort of half side half back position. I did try this position, but it was simply not comfortable for me. I've been reading a lot on here about Just Bill's recessed bar bridge hammocks and am considering giving him a call and seeing if he has anything that might work for me.

I don't think I can sell on here yet as I don't have enough posts, but if I could I would...
    The weird thing is that I like a really firm mattress, but prefer a softer/stretchier hammock. Agreed on the side sleeping...whichever shoulder was down just felt confined. On my stomach, with a small pillow under my head was OK for a while, but the lateral squeeze was the big issue.

Hammock
    DH Dangerbird/WB RR
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    AE New River MM TQ
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    I purchased the RR hammock at the end of March during one of the sales. I set it up in the back yard to get a feel for it and it was fine for an hour or two nap. I found it had less "squeeze" when I inserted my half inflated Klymit pad. I recently took it on a camping trip, but brought a newly purchased underquilt instead of the Klymit. After a couple hours of sleeping on my back (I'm a side sleeper at home) I could feel my lower back getting sore. I decided to try a trick that I use when sleeping in a GE hammock. I put some clothes in a stuff sack and placed that under my knees. I slept like a baby the rest of the night. Might be worth a try for those experiencing some back ache. I love the lay and the view in the RR.
    RR.jpg

Hammock
    WB RR / SLD TL
    Tarp
    TF / Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG / LL / LSOH
    Suspension
    DG Beetle Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by papagreen View Post
    ...I don't think I can sell on here yet as I don't have enough posts, but if I could I would...
    If you'd be willing to trade for something else, you can always start a "For Trade" thread in that section. That gets around the 50-post history requirement for the "For Sale" section. And someone could always trade you Benjamins for the RR if they wanted.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234