Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Question Pack -it-lite hammocks.?

I just stumbled across this somehow. They are a very interesting design, short, but interesting. The full coverage fly they offer is pretty much a small tent and I've never seen a suspension system like this before where only 1 end adjusts. Thoughts? http://camphammocks.com/index.html

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JRAZxYUPXpE
    Last edited by Chesapeake; 01-17-2020 at 19:29.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    DIY 12' 1.6 oz Hyper D Baby
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    I've stumbled across this a couple of times very cool design. unfortunately it's a very similar to complaints that you hear from Hennessy and the like. His system is not adjustable at all. And from my research it is quite heavy not a backpacker setup. in his defense he's a lifetime kayaker and had come up with this as a solution for camping in very inclement conditions. Anyhow if you continue to do your research I believe he's based out of Texas. And he does have a thread here. I think he goes by the handle SeaKayaker or something of the sort.

Anyhow I've been trying to get a hold of one used and I've had very little luck. His brand new price tag is way outside of my ballpark for an experimental "let's see if this works buy".

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    I could see how they might not be for everyone, but I like how he has integrated the tarp and the 4 season version looks like it would work pretty well with the full coverage fly and uqp/UQ add-on. I give props for the innovation and creativity also, it can be difficult to design something that goes against the status quo sometimes. I'd like to check one out in person sometime.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    DIY 12' 1.6 oz Hyper D Baby
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    I could see how they might not be for everyone, but I like how he has integrated the tarp and the 4 season version looks like it would work pretty well with the full coverage fly and uqp/UQ add-on. I give props for the innovation and creativity also, it can be difficult to design something that goes against the status quo sometimes. I'd like to check one out in person sometime.
    +20 - I have traded it to correspondence with the gentleman. I think it would be pretty to cool to test out

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Just found this thread from 2015 :https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...m-Pack-It-Lite

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I was intrigued by the design a got a ReconMN without the tarp last year. Unfortunately it didn't work out for me, and I honestly cannot recommend it to anybody. I'm only 5'4", but this hammock is tiny. My hiking hammock is an original Warbonnet Blackbird, which isn't exactly big, but it feels ginourmous compared to the ReconMN. I have no idea how big guys (as seen in a couple of videos) can use it and don't feel cramped. I guess they must have never tried a standard 11' or even 10' gathered end hammock.

I also didn't like the lay at all. It's supposed to provide this super flat lay, but the only thing I got was a hill in the middle. Plus I had a hard time staying on the pad. The netting was always in my face, and the half moon entrance looks cool in pictures but is a PITA to use in reality.

The suspension is not easy to put up, and it puts a lot of stress on the trees since you need to hang the hammock as close to 0° as you can.

I'm very sorry to say that I didn't find a single thing that I liked. This is not just my opinion. I have been taking the PiL to two group hangs and let other people try it. Most of them were taller than I am. They all came to a similar conclusion. So save your money.

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    I just stumbled across this somehow. They are a very interesting design, short, but interesting. The full coverage fly they offer is pretty much a small tent and I've never seen a suspension system like this before where only 1 end adjusts. Thoughts? http://camphammocks.com/index.html

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JRAZxYUPXpE
    With "lite" in the name it seems weights should be listed somewhere.

Some time back I mused about the foot-end-only adjustable concept and played around with it, and it actually works. Made a "micro-whoopie" with about 10-12" of range just for final tweaking of the setup... putting it at the foot end made perfect sense.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

• + New Posts