Tarp
    3*3 m 15D diamond
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Turtle Ties

"Tach" from Germany

Hi!
    I registered almost a year ago to be able to see embedded images, but never posted anything, as most questions could either be answered in the German equivalent of this forum, the Haengemattenforum, or your search function.
    Now I have a question regarding a specific new RSBTR fabric, but firstly want to introduce myself in an adequate manner!
    I got into hammock camping 8 years ago travelling through New Zealand and used cheap, heavy and low-tech solutions for years, until I started upgrading my hammock gear about two years ago!
    My current setup includes a 12 ft, 2.2 oz/yd² Hex70 netless GE hammock, treestraps + whoopie slings, a 15D Silnylon 10x10 ft tarp and a sleeping pad. An on Black Friday purchased Winter Wooki is still on its looong way to Berlin, I can't wait!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    You'll love the Wooki when it arrives. Welcome to the forums. I have an account with the Haengemattenforum, but haven't visited for a while. Perhaps it's time to check in again. If your setup is netless, does that mean there are no bugs to swat in your area?
    The game is the best teacher.

Hammock
    DIY Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Turtle Ties
    Images
    Two hangemattenforum members here? Okay, I‘m the third.
    Welcome abord, @droney!
    Omnia vincit lectulus pensilis.

Hammock
    11.5', 1.3 MTN Hybrid XL
    Tarp
    3*3 m 15D diamond
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Turtle Ties
    Quote Originally Posted by Watertooner View Post
    You'll love the Wooki when it arrives. Welcome to the forums. I have an account with the Haengemattenforum, but haven't visited for a while. Perhaps it's time to check in again. If your setup is netless, does that mean there are no bugs to swat in your area?
    The bugs are not so bad here. Except for swampy areas in the summer, but I just try not to sleep next to one.
    But I will probably end up getting a netted one, as well (or a fronkey style net).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittagsfrost View Post
    Two hangemattenforum members here? Okay, I‘m the third.
    Welcome abord, @droney!
    Hi Mittagsfrost, nice to see you here!
    I think there are quite a few of "us" undercover in this forum!

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    Herzlich wilkommen Tach! I've never tried hammocking in Germany, although there are plenty of forests to go and try it. Is it more restrictive to hammock in Germany vs the USA or New Zealand? Curious minds want to know.. Anyways welcome to the English speaking Hammock Forum, and let me know if you have any questions about hanging in the mid atlantic USA, meine Heimat so zu sagen! Bis Bald...

Holzhacker aus...

Hammock
    11.5', 1.3 MTN Hybrid XL
    Tarp
    3*3 m 15D diamond
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Turtle Ties
    The official laws (outside national parks) concerning hammock and bivi camping are not very clear in Germany, but I never had any problems. I guess this is also due to the fact that I take the leave no trace principles seriously. When somebody sees me (hunters, forest workers) I like to talk to them and explain what I'm doing.
    In NZ, everybody was pretty chill about me camping in a hammock next to the (fee-required) backcountry huts, at the beach or where ever.

Willkommen. Mein Bruder ist in der Nahe von Hannover und fängt terse an mit Hängematten. Weißt du ob man im Harz die Hängematte benutzen kann? Bei ihm sind nur Felder und kaum Bäume.
    Vielen Dank aus New Hampshire.
    If you think you are too small or too unimportant to make a change try
    sleeping in a room with a mosquito.

Dalai Lama.

Hammock
    11.5', 1.3 MTN Hybrid XL
    Tarp
    3*3 m 15D diamond
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Turtle Ties
    Quote Originally Posted by FromNH View Post
    Willkommen. Mein Bruder ist in der Nahe von Hannover und fängt terse an mit Hängematten. Weißt du ob man im Harz die Hängematte benutzen kann? Bei ihm sind nur Felder und kaum Bäume.
    Vielen Dank aus New Hampshire.
    Well, in Germany generally, wilderness camping is forbidden. To bivouac on the other hand is allowed, this includes sleeping under the open sky or a non-permanent shelter, like a tarp, for one night. Inside national parks though, you are not allowed to leave the trails and are only allowed to sleep in designated camping areas. Luckily (with some sarcasm), Germany has only very tiny national parks and 90% of the Harz is just forest without a higher protection status.
    I encourage him to introduce himself in the Haengemattenforum (he can do this in english if he can't speak german yet). There he can ask for some personal experience with hanging in the Harz
    The forum also has multiple yearly group hangs. The next hang will happen in next weekend at a lake south of Berlin, which is a three hours drive from Hannover There will even be a fellow hammockforums member (Boundrywaters keine Ahnung wie dein Nickname hier ist )

Quote Originally Posted by droney View Post
    Well, in Germany generally, wilderness camping is forbidden. To bivouac on the other hand is allowed, this includes sleeping under the open sky or a non-permanent shelter, like a tarp, for one night. Inside national parks though, you are not allowed to leave the trails and are only allowed to sleep in designated camping areas. Luckily (with some sarcasm), Germany has only very tiny national parks and 90% of the Harz is just forest without a higher protection status.
    I encourage him to introduce himself in the Haengemattenforum (he can do this in english if he can't speak german yet). There he can ask for some personal experience with hanging in the Harz
    The forum also has multiple yearly group hangs. The next hang will happen in next weekend at a lake south of Berlin, which is a three hours drive from Hannover There will even be a fellow hammockforums member (Boundrywaters keine Ahnung wie dein Nickname hier ist )
    Vielen Dank, ich werde es ihm sagen. Ich bin vor über 20 Jahren ausgewandert er ist deutsch.
    Mein Screen name ist FrimNH. Wir können auch gerne über PM reden.
    If you think you are too small or too unimportant to make a change try
    sleeping in a room with a mosquito.

Dalai Lama.

Hammock
    Woodsman X
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    I’m looking to drive from the UK to Sweden later this year, and stopping for a night as I go through Germany, using my hammock. However I’m finding it difficult getting advice where I can hang my hammock. I imagine it’ll be north Germany as I’ll being driving from Lille to Denmark over 2 days. Any ideas guys?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast