Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabmanhang View Post
    Yeah the suggestion that buying something from "just one guy" is taking a risk is silly.

How did most cottage gear makers start out?

Also, suggesting that you are beta testing a product that comes from a known maker with extensive history of working with a material is really slanderous to a guy with many positive reviews and feedback from happy customers.

If I go to dcf, I would absolutely buy from liteaf based on the positive experiences of others.

And I love supporting the smaller business. It is the real backbone of this hobby.
    Look, its your money, do with it what you will. I mean no disrespect, but Wilderness Logics was a great company with fantastic customer support. After the tragic passing of Marty, where do you go for repairs or support for the warranty that came with their products? For less costly items, I have no problems with a guy working out of his garage. For spending this kind of money, I need a company with more meat on the bones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hammock
    DIY 12ft HyperD 1.6SL
    Tarp
    The Stingray DIY
    Insulation
    Incubator/Gemini
    Suspension
    UCRWhoopieCinch
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Clifton View Post
    Look, its your money, do with it what you will. I mean no disrespect, but Wilderness Logics was a great company with fantastic customer support. After the tragic passing of Marty, where do you go for repairs or support for the warranty that came with their products? For less costly items, I have no problems with a guy working out of his garage. For spending this kind of money, I need a company with more meat on the bones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Do you have a single example of liteaf not servicing their products?

I'm just curious as to why you are so willing to disparage this company solely because it's a small business. It's no disrespect to me but seems a little trollish of what seems to be a good operation.

Anywho, it is my money and I'd love to spend it with a company that is trying to put some meat on the bones.
    "If we lose the forests, we lose our only instructors. People must see these forests and wilderness as the greatest educational system that we have on the planet. If we lose all the universities in the world, then we would lose nothing. But If we lose the forests, we lose everything." -- Bill Mollison

Trollish? Wait, I thought this forum was all about having open and honest discussions about hammock products, not an advertising platform for vendors to hawk their wares? Sorry that I questioned the business acumen of some guy working out of his garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gee, this thread escalated quickly.

I have no concerns about LiteAF as a company not about their ability or quality of products. I’ve spoken with Chris about the tarps and am impressed with his responsiveness and willingness to answer any questions.

I saw the episode of frozens AT hike where the DCF tore on his pack. If I remember correctly he ended up attributing that to something he did. I can’t remember the reason, I’ll have to go back and rewatch. At any rate, he ordered a new pack, and if I remember correctly, it was made for him very quickly and free of charge.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Now this is getting good

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jreed View Post
    Gee, this thread escalated quickly.

I have no concerns about LiteAF as a company not about their ability or quality of products. I’ve spoken with Chris about the tarps and am impressed with his responsiveness and willingness to answer any questions.

I saw the episode of frozens AT hike where the DCF tore on his pack. If I remember correctly he ended up attributing that to something he did. I can’t remember the reason, I’ll have to go back and rewatch. At any rate, he ordered a new pack, and if I remember correctly, it was made for him very quickly and free of charge.
    At the end of the day... you do you.
    Brandon from Warbonnet started as a one man shop as did many other vendors. On the other hand, I get some of the talk about waiting for a product to flush out a bit. I got one of the first Warbonnet XLCs and they later beefed up the zipper. The good thing was when I had a problem Brandon stood behind his product so it wasn’t an issue. But I think things like that are what cause some of us to pass on kickstarters or 1st offerings of products.

Personally I’m interested to see if they can pull this off. I like the idea of a bit more coverage than the HG Standard DCF tarp but waiting to see how lack of cat cuts turn out over a longer time.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Clifton View Post
    Funny you should mention packs. I’m in the market for a frameless pack and I narrowed it down to the LiteAF Curve and the Palante Pack V2. Looking at YouTube video reviews for these packs, the guy from Outdoor Adventures reviewed the Curve and, in his testing, the hip belt patch ripped from the pack body. It was not a tear in the seam but the DCF tore just off from the seam. This is a common problem with DCF and, if you aren’t that familiar with the fabric and have not had the products in use for long enough to discover the defects, the buyer will be stuck with the result. Needless to say, I’m going with the Palante V2. Buy the LiterAF tarp at your peril!

if you watched all of outdoor adventure's through hike videos you would know that the hole you are talking about was a result of Frozen (he even says it was user error and not a fault of LiteAF) aka outdoor adventure. it was also not the hip belt patch ripping from the pack body. in one of his other videos he had a issue where something broke on his Zpacks backpacks also where he called it a poor design or design flaw. he also had a issue with his HG cuban tarp where the timeouts wasn't done right and had to send it back to get it fixed.

funny how you say you wouldn't buy from LiteAF because it is a one man shop (which it isn't it's a family ran shop) that started in 2018, so you are going to buy a Palante Pack which the company started in 2017 with two people and has grown to 4 people.

Quote Originally Posted by jreed View Post

he connected the clip upside down where the pointy end was facing up against the pack and not down like it is supposed to be is what caused it.
    Last edited by soul embrace; 01-18-2020 at 16:54.
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by soul embrace View Post

he connected the clip upside down where the pointy end was facing up against the pack and not down like it is supposed to be is what caused it.
    I thought it was something like that. Thanks! I might have to go back and rewatch some of his videos.

Hammock
    Wide Netless Dutchwaregear
    Tarp
    DIY HEX/LiteAF DCF
    Insulation
    JRB MT W3 JRB SS
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings
    I just pulled the trigger on a LiteAF DCF tarp with doors. Went with the green one. I'll outfit it with a zing it and dutch bling ridgeline (perhaps a bit longer though) than I have on my DIYGearSupply Hex Tarp I sewed back in 2014. Big upgrade. I'll hopefully have it out a couple times before I take it on my 4 day trip to North Manitou Island. It'll be my second time backwoods camping there. Really looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by tamitall View Post
    I just pulled the trigger on a LiteAF DCF tarp with doors. Went with the green one. I'll outfit it with a zing it and dutch bling ridgeline (perhaps a bit longer though) than I have on my DIYGearSupply Hex Tarp I sewed back in 2014. Big upgrade. I'll hopefully have it out a couple times before I take it on my 4 day trip to North Manitou Island. It'll be my second time backwoods camping there. Really looking forward to it!
    I’m using zing-it with Dutchware hookworms. I also have the continuous ridgeline with tato connectors and also a pair of stingerz. Not sure which one I’ll use.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast