Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by baldknobber View Post
    I’ll share a little insight as I own and use both a 20* Wooki and 20* Yeti. I’ve got over 30 nights in each, from temps in the mid teens to upper 50s. I backpack, and my main packs are around 40L. The Wooki is indeed “set it and forget it” easy, and is warm to its temp rating. The 20D quilt fabric is durable, so I don’t generally worry about abrasion.

The Yeti is a custom 10D fabric, with a ounce of overstuff. Crazy light at about 11.5 oz, and packs down small. I pair it with either the foam back pad from my GG Gorilla, or a folding pad from Dutch. I’ve had it down to 16* with a 20* top quilt, warm hat and Possum Down socks, and slept 10 hours pretty darn warm (toes were a bit chilly). I do worry about damaging the 10D fabric, so I’m extra careful with this underquilt.

While I prefer the ease of use of the Wooki, I find myself taking the Yeti along most of the time. It is also pretty straightforward to set up, with only a primary suspension. I’ve not experienced a great deal of quilt migration, but I do give each end an extra twist when attaching to the whipping ends of my Eldorado. If I want to leave it a little loose for venting purposes on warmer nights I don’t do this. This makes it easier to move for venting.

Honestly, it’s purely subjective, but for me if you backpack, and volume and weight is important, you can’t go wrong with the Yeti. If you’re only hiking short distances and like to lollygag like our boy Shug does, and weight and pack volume aren’t a big deal, then the Wooki is great.
    Hey!,,,they aren't all lollygags....
    Border Route thru, Art Loeb thru, Foothills thru, Linville Gorge Grand Loop, Snowbank/Kekekabic/Disappointment Loop.
    But at times I do just ant to be in the woods without a ton of miles. I have nothing to prove so a lollygag is nice from time to time.

I do prefer a partial UQ on 3 season trips.
    Winter trips I go to full length or pod.

Shug
    Last edited by Shug; 01-23-2020 at 00:18.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WB, DH, SLD
    Tarp
    ZPacks, Thunderfly
    Insulation
    EE, Warbonnet
    Suspension
    Spider 1.5/Beckett
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Hey!,,,they aren't all lollygags....
    Border Route thru, Art Loeb thru, Foothills thru, Linville Gorge Grand Loop, Snowbank/Kekekabic/Disappointment Loop.
    But at times I do just ant to be in the woods without a ton of miles. I have nothing to prove so a lollygag is nice from time to time.

I do prefer a partial UQ on 3 season trips.

Winter trips I go to full length od pod.

Shug
    No offense lord of lollygag, just offering context to what I view as the strengths and weaknesses of each system. I’ve watched all your videos, I know you can bust miles when you wanna.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12