WB Eldorado SL
    Tarp
    HG DCF std camo
    Insulation
    WB DB + Wooki 20*
    Suspension
    Dyneema + Becket

Diamondback and Wooki arrived!

Received my Black Friday order the other day (Friday lol, six weeks exactly). All I can say is wow! Quality!

First off, this forum was an amazing source of info leading to not just this purchase, but everything else I've gotten so far. I could not be happier with my setup.

Diamondback:
    850 Fill (no overfill)
    Regular length
    55" width
    20*
    Outer Layer Color: Ocean Blue - 15D Ripstop Nylon
    Inner Layer Color: Dark Red - 15D Ripstop Nylon
    Footbox Color: Ocean Blue - 15D Ripstop Nylon
    Drawstring Casing Color: Autumn Orange - 15D Ripstop Nylon
    Draft Collar same color/fabric as drawstring casing
    Pad Loops + kit with adjustable side elastics

Wooki:
    850 fill (no overfill)
    20*
    XL (I have an Eldorado)
    Outer Layer Color: Ocean Blue - 15D Ripstop Nylon
    Inner Layer Color: Olive Green - 20D Ripstop Nylon
    Reversed Lay (head right/feet left)

Never having messed with or even seen anything like this before, everything was new to me. Here's some initial thoughts from a total newby.

-Extremely light for the size, I was shocked at how light the box was when I brought it inside. Once I got the quilts out for a while and they lofted up, they were much "bulkier" than I thought they would be. More on that later.

-I got on the couch, wrapped the DB around me, and lasted about 2 minutes before becoming almost uncomfortably warm and had to get up.

-I'm 5' 11'/200# and was pleased at how much room the regular length 55" width has. I can pull the collar up almost over my head without stretching the quilt at all.

-The Wooki is definitely "set it and forget it no adjustments necessary". I had made a DIY Costco throw set and found it really tough to get the UQ adjusted right. I know that had everything to do with it being DIY and if I were to get a professionally made UQ it would be much, much easier, but the Wooki does away with any suspension worries whatsoever. You literally just loop the head end cord around the head whipping, clip the foot end mini-biner on your foot end CL, arrange everything neatly, tie the Eldorado bug net ribbon through a matching loop on the Wooki and call it good. It's a zero-stress event.

-After messing around with everything in the back yard, I can tell the UQ will keep me warm, but won't be the cause of overheating on a "not cool" night. I'm thinking TQ venting is where you'll get the majority of your temp control which makes sense because if you're too hot in your bed you adjust your blanket coverage instead of poking holes in your mattress.

-I have the Standard Width Hammock/Quilt Catch-All sack from SLD and it *easily* holds both quilts, hammock w/bugnet, SLD Apex pillow, and UP booties from Dutch. Getting everything in is very little trouble since all the materials are slick, and the sack is snug but not drum tight when all buttoned up.

-I have a Flex Capacitor from Sierra Designs (thanks HandyRandy!), which advertises a 60l capacity. Not sure how much of that refers to the main compartment, but I was surprised at how much room the full catch-all sack takes up. For fun, I threw some stuff in my BV500 and added that to the pack along with the hammock suspension, some random clothes and gear, and my tarp (HG DCF STD) and while the weight was fine, I was pretty much out of room. I'm not sure I have the right sized pack for a cold weather hike (planning on a NOBO AT LASH starting mid-Feb '21), but I kind of expected that. Maybe I could compress everything more but I don't know. I'm eyeing a ULA Catalyst which at 75l should have plenty of room for all the bulk in the main compartment, and would compliment the 40l-60l Flex Capacitor nicely. I like to think I'm disciplined enough to avoid finding things to carry in any left over pack volume lol. I just want to avoid having to stomp on my sleep system to fit it in the pack .

-There is one minor stitching issue on the Diamondback, one end of the draw cord that cinches the draft collar around your neck wasn't attached so I sent a pic to Ryan. I got an immediate response with a RMA number but was told to send it back after HangCon. You just can't beat that customer service.

All in all I wouldn't hesitate to make this purchase again. The craftsmanship is amazing and the customer service is impeccable. Really looking forward to having a few nights at HangCon to get used to everything.

Sorry if the pictures are gigantic...

DB Outer Layer:

DB Inner layer. Note the loose draw cord sticking up at the top left corner of the quilt near the recliner:

Wooki quilt side:

Wooki hammock side:

Hammock:

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Looking good! I kinda wish I was starting all over because I want to see this whole set it and forget thing with the UQ. Sounds great!

Hammock
    WB Eldorado SL
    Tarp
    HG DCF std camo
    Insulation
    WB DB + Wooki 20*
    Suspension
    Dyneema + Becket
    If you're coming to HangCon you're more than welcome to come check it out.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    Looking good! I kinda wish I was starting all over because I want to see this whole set it and forget thing with the UQ. Sounds great!

I would tell you all about it, but I already done forgot it!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    BTW, the new Flex Capacitor packs are out. I believe the main differences are new sizes. Old size is medium plus a smaller and a bigger one (60-75L), and they have new colors and bottle pockets on both shoulders instead of just one. You could also try adding that mesh baggy backpack add-on that Dutch came out with recently.

https://dutchwaregear.com/product/pack-back/

• + New Posts