Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Wow. It doesn't seem like many come to Florida in January except for HangCon. Too bad you didn't stay for that the following week.

It's nice to see Northerners come down and enjoy the different ecosystems we have down here. Silver Springs is a run I take the vendors to during HangCon. It's a beautiful run. So glad you got to see them monkeys.

Hidden Pond is my favorite. That's where we hold the No UnderQuilt Hang in July and Summer's Last Gasp Hang in September.

Glad you got to see more of the FT as well. Did you hike thru the FT North of Hidden Pond near Pat's Island trailhead? If so there is an ancient sinkhole about 15 min from that trailhead. There is a marker in the middle of the FT a couple hundred yards from the TH sending you East to the sinkhole. I love that we can climb down into it.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Manatee City!!!! Wow! I remember seeing my first one in Miami in 1978 and was awestruck. Loved that one gave you the nostril-blow.
    So may critters for ya'll.
    Really looked like a right goodie of a trip...especially right now with all the snow here.
    Great to see the both of you again.
    Whoooooo Buddy)))))
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBRR,HENESSEY JUNGLE, ENO 1 link
    Tarp
    ENO PRO, SLD WH
    Insulation
    Igniter and blaze
    Suspension
    Buckles,atlas,ring
    Paul you were in some of my old fun places growing up in Florida! I was mostly in the Orlando and Lake County area but taking the canoe, 18 ft. Barrett BTW, to there was always on the list. As a teen, the monkeys were a lot more aggressive than my visit last year. Used to go to Buck Lake on full moon nights and float on a huge, commercial grade, queen size Hebrew National float. You could see right to the bottom and all the fish and gators. I love the Carolina woods but I do wish the waterways were more like my native home. Thank you for the video.
    Hope to see you at Yates, Taz

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HMLCK View Post
    Nice pictures, thanks for sharing!
    Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by geronimo View Post
    What a great report!!! Thanks for sharing!!! Making memories!!!
    Appreciate ya looking
    Quote Originally Posted by ObdewlaX View Post
    WOW! Great video & pics... I think it's pretty cool you guys saw all the different wildlife you encountered, especially the manatees, sooooo cool! And to be able to share that kind of quality time with your daughter, is time well spent & makes for the best kind of memories. Great bonding time to be sure.

Thanks for posting.
    With my kids growing... I’m soaking in every moment with them I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Floridahanger View Post
    Wow. It doesn't seem like many come to Florida in January except for HangCon. Too bad you didn't stay for that the following week.

It's nice to see Northerners come down and enjoy the different ecosystems we have down here. Silver Springs is a run I take the vendors to during HangCon. It's a beautiful run. So glad you got to see them monkeys.

Hidden Pond is my favorite. That's where we hold the No UnderQuilt Hang in July and Summer's Last Gasp Hang in September.

Glad you got to see more of the FT as well. Did you hike thru the FT North of Hidden Pond near Pat's Island trailhead? If so there is an ancient sinkhole about 15 min from that trailhead. There is a marker in the middle of the FT a couple hundred yards from the TH sending you East to the sinkhole. I love that we can climb down into it.
    I saw the sign to the sink hole but we didn’t go back there. If I’d have known you could go down in it we’d have definitely checked it out. And I think I consulted some of those No UQ Hang threads to figure out where to park. Since we got there in the dark we hung on the first couple trees we saw which worked. The next morning I walked around I saw some nice sites I figured y’all use.
    And Silver Spring was great. Speaking of vendors... the prior time I was there I was going to walk back from Rays Wayside but got a ride from a few folks who finished at the same time - just happened to be Dutch, Adam, Jenny and Fronkey. Not a huge surprise since Hangcon was on but still pretty fun.

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Manatee City!!!! Wow! I remember seeing my first one in Miami in 1978 and was awestruck. Loved that one gave you the nostril-blow.
    So may critters for ya'll.
    Really looked like a right goodie of a trip...especially right now with all the snow here.
    Great to see the both of you again.
    Whoooooo Buddy)))))
    Shug
    Kinda gave us goose bumps to have the manatee nostril blow on us. Warm breath even. Natalie said it was a right goodie trip
    Quote Originally Posted by tazmaniac View Post
    Paul you were in some of my old fun places growing up in Florida! I was mostly in the Orlando and Lake County area but taking the canoe, 18 ft. Barrett BTW, to there was always on the list. As a teen, the monkeys were a lot more aggressive than my visit last year. Used to go to Buck Lake on full moon nights and float on a huge, commercial grade, queen size Hebrew National float. You could see right to the bottom and all the fish and gators. I love the Carolina woods but I do wish the waterways were more like my native home. Thank you for the video.
    Hope to see you at Yates, Taz
    I wish the drive was shorter cause my list of places to go see in Florida after this trips. Sounds pretty great you were so close in Orlando.
    And yea planning on Yates but we’ll see. Also about the time I Ike to take some longer hikes.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TallPaul View Post
    ...Speaking of vendors... the prior time I was there I was going to walk back from Rays Wayside but got a ride from a few folks who finished at the same time - just happened to be Dutch, Adam, Jenny and Fronkey. Not a huge surprise since Hangcon was on but still pretty fun.
    Now, that's a ride to have.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123