Tarp
    Hum...bird Pelican
    Insulation
    0-Wooki 20-Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images

Just in case

Since you're taking the inflatable pad as a 'just in case' item when going with friends, I would use a tiny little mylar space blanket as a ground cover. If you're lucky enough to find a site with good trees for you, the space blanket may be helpful for a friend that didn't bring something. Also if you set your hammock up on the ground over the mylar sheet, most of the filth will hopefully get on your hammock instead of your quilts. I'd much rather wash my hammock than a quilt.

So I would lay out the mylar blanket, set up my hammock and tarp in ground mode, put the inflatable pad in the hammock, then lay my underquilt over the pad (if it's really nasty I might not even use the underquilt and keep it clean and stored away safely in my backpack), then have the topquilt over me at night. Nothing but a few square inches of hammock should touch the ground and the hammock would also help as a splash barrier in addition to the low-pitched tarp.
    Mosquitos suck and the wind blows!

Quote Originally Posted by SnugAsaBugInaRug View Post
    Since you're taking the inflatable pad as a 'just in case' item when going with friends, I would use a tiny little mylar space blanket as a ground cover. If you're lucky enough to find a site with good trees for you, the space blanket may be helpful for a friend that didn't bring something. Also if you set your hammock up on the ground over the mylar sheet, most of the filth will hopefully get on your hammock instead of your quilts. I'd much rather wash my hammock than a quilt.

So I would lay out the mylar blanket, set up my hammock and tarp in ground mode, put the inflatable pad in the hammock, then lay my underquilt over the pad (if it's really nasty I might not even use the underquilt and keep it clean and stored away safely in my backpack), then have the topquilt over me at night. Nothing but a few square inches of hammock should touch the ground and the hammock would also help as a splash barrier in addition to the low-pitched tarp.
    Substitute polycryo for space blanket, and that’s my current option. I’m also thinking about substituting an inflatable pad for my underquilt this May in Southern England.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutchware Netless
    Tarp
    HH asym
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    All this chat about going to ground and no one has mentioned Trekking Treez or the Tensa Solo. https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/product...rekking-treez/

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12