Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps

-=CANCELLED=-WI > 4th Annual BACONFEST > Lake Wissota State Park in Chippewa Falls, WI >

--==CANCELLED==--

Join us for the 4th Annual BACONFEST Camping Weekend where we eat bacon with every meal!!!

All information is on the website: www.tinyurl.com/baconfest2020

Location: Lake Wissota State Park in Chippewa Falls, WI (only 2 hours from the Twin Cities!)
    Dates: June 5 - 7, 2020 (updated April 2, 2020 per OP request)
    Fee: (Early bird special ) $15 covers registration & wood

Please add your name to the spreadsheet once you have paid for your spot: https://tinyurl.com/BFRegistration

To pay Karla:
    1. Everyone needs to pay in advance as they sign up. This will claim your spot and give everyone time to organize shared meals.
    2. Go to: paypal.me/karlamarykay and state who you are paying for and you are registering for BACONFEST 2020
    3. This Paypal option is free to you and me if you use your paypal funds or bank account and send the money as a friend transaction.
    4. If you choose to use a credit card, the rate is: 2.9% plus $0.30 per transaction (the sender "you" decides who pays this fee) - you must select yourself.
    5. Karla should receive the full amount.

All details are under the Information & Registration section of the BACONFEST website: www.tinyurl.com/baconfest2020

Last edited by dkurfiss; 05-19-2020 at 10:48.
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 97 months

Hammock
    DIY 12' 1.6 oz Hyper D Baby
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Karla "with a k" View Post

Join us for the 4th Annual BACONFEST Camping Weekend where we eat bacon with every meal!!!

All information is on the website: www.tinyurl.com/baconfest2020

Location: Lake Wissota State Park in Chippewa Falls, WI (only 2 hours from the Twin Cities!)
    Dates: May 15-17, 2020
    Fee: (Early bird special ) $15 covers registration & wood

Please add your name to the spreadsheet once you have paid for your spot: https://tinyurl.com/BFRegistration

To pay Karla:
    1. Everyone needs to pay in advance as they sign up. This will claim your spot and give everyone time to organize shared meals.
    2. Go to: paypal.me/karlamarykay and state who you are paying for and you are registering for BACONFEST 2020
    3. This Paypal option is free to you and me if you use your paypal funds or bank account and send the money as a friend transaction.
    4. If you choose to use a credit card, the rate is: 2.9% plus $0.30 per transaction (the sender "you" decides who pays this fee) - you must select yourself.
    5. Karla should receive the full amount.

All details are under the Information & Registration section of the BACONFEST website: www.tinyurl.com/baconfest2020

This is AWESOME!! You made that for you cat? Phenomenal!!
    I made gear for our boxer shortly after we rescued him, but not THIS COOL!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by GilligansWorld View Post
    This is AWESOME!! You made that for you cat? Phenomenal!!
    I made gear for our boxer shortly after we rescued him, but not THIS COOL!!
    Hahah. I completely bought it. I'm so backed up with sewing projects. I wish I had time to make something so fun. Feeling lucky just to get all the info researched and posted for this hang! Are you gonna come over for it?!?
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 97 months

Hammock
    DIY 12' 1.6 oz Hyper D Baby
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Karla "with a k" View Post
    Hahah. I completely bought it. I'm so backed up with sewing projects. I wish I had time to make something so fun. Feeling lucky just to get all the info researched and posted for this hang! Are you gonna come over for it?!?
    I wish I could do that. Wisconsin is where my granddad used to live and where a lot of my family still is. But I live here in Colorado. The Madison area is really cool That's where my granddad was from. dinky Little Town called Hazel Green Wisconsin probably about 40 miles away from Madison if memory serves. Anyhow you guys have fun I really wish I could be there

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps

If you want to join us for a Legacy Tour of the Leinenkugel's Brewery, then you need to purchase a ticket for the Saturday, May 16th - 11 am tour. (Kids under 21 can join the tour, just not sample the beverages.)

Tour lasts about an hour. Adult ticket price is $12. Kids under 21 are free.

Tours are limited to only 15 people, so purchase your ticket today! I'm in talks with Leinenkugel and they say the May tours sell out during March, so buy your ticket in February! And if we get enough people, they might add a 2nd tour so when you buy your ticket under the optional comment write: BACONFEST (and mark in on our Google Registration Sheet too).

Purchase tour ticket here:https://www.leinie.com/tours#id=chip...6-d506386577b4

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    I just got off the phone with the Leinenkugel Tour folks and our day/time is almost half full. Since current tours are on hold until April 3rd, they anticipate a potential rush of ticket sales once tours are back on. Moral of the story, get your ticket by the end of March to guarantee your spot.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Changed dates in title and 1st post per request of Karla.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps

BACONFEST 2020 will now be Fri. June 5 - 7. Same location. Same activities. Only the date has changed.

Tiffany (from Leinenkugel) called me and let me know they have cancelled their brewery tours through May and will start again in June. For anyone who booked their tour ticket already, look for an email coming soon about refunds. You'll need to repurchase a ticket.

Our group site was available for June 5-7, so I reserved it. The next opening on that site was fall so I feel pretty lucky to get it! If someone has already paid for their BACONFEST registration and now can't attend, I'll refund your money, just PM me.

In this COVID-19 time, plans are fluid. So, while we schedule an event, we all know everything is dependent on keeping everybody safe. This is our new plan given the latest information. When/if any new information comes available which might warrant a different decision, please know it will be made thoughtfully. Do what you need to do to stay safe and healthy everybody! Hang in there!

Thanks Karla!

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    1. As of the latest WI update, camping at state parks is closed until May 26 and it remains unclear if campsites will open for June. So, BACONFEST remains on, but tentative. https://www.wearegreenbay.com/corona...ays-gov-evers/

2. I've reduced the maximum number of campers from 30 down to 20. If camping opens up for June, it might be with number restrictions and I might have to cap at 10. We already have 6 people signed up. It's a wait and see game right now.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast