Clark NX-270
    Tarp
    Clark Rain Fly XL
    Insulation
    LLG Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopi Sling

Clark is back!

Like I have been doing for a few weeks now, I went and checked www.junglehammock.com to see if there was anything new. Well, after a couple of weeks of the website being down completely and the odd little time that it redirected to a different website, it’s back!

And it’s telling us to watch for the new ownership announcement soon. Good signs.

Let’s hope the new ownership takes quality seriously and they’re not looking to cash in on the Clark name with substandard products.

I love my NX-270 and am gearing up to take it out for my first winter camping trips ever. It would be sad if future owners didn’t get the same experience the rest of us have had.

Hammock
    WL, WB, Clark stuff
    Images
    Thanks for the update. Those if us that have their products, and like them, REALLY like them! Alot.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Dutch Print USA!
    Insulation
    Jacks R Better/HG
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetles
    Clark was the first hammock I ever purchased back in 2007. It was difficult back then to find the cottage vendors and my internet research skills were not as dangerous as they are now. I remember stumbling onto their product and being blown away at the idea of sleeping suspended as opposed to on the ground. Having gotten out of the Marine Corps a couple years prior I assumed the only way to sleep outside was in the dirt. I purchased the Clark jungle hammock and still have it in my collection today. In fact it is now my nine-year-old son’s hammock that he uses. Any idea what happened to the company and why they went out of business? I got several emails a few months ago advising they were closing down shop.
    "Goddam it, you'll never get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole! Follow me!"
    -Captain Henry P. Crowe, USMC

Hammock
    Clark NX-270
    Tarp
    Clark Rain Fly XL
    Insulation
    LLG Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopi Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine2000 View Post
    Any idea what happened to the company and why they went out of business? I got several emails a few months ago advising they were closing down shop.
    It’s in a sticky at the top of the Clark Hammocks page here. The owner/founder retired and closed up shop.

Hammock
    JRB James River Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11 X 10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing, TG, DC
    Awesome news! It's great to hear that one of the early vendors is not going away.
    Jacks R Better, makers of the of the Original Under Quilt and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock.
    www.jacksrbetter.com
    Facebook: JacksRBetterQuilts
    Intstagram: Jacks_R_Better_Quilts

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Here is the link to their web page indicating they will be back in business soon.

https://junglehammock.com/
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    Dutch 12' Netless
    Tarp
    ProVenture Nylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Humming Bird style
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KillDaBOB View Post
    Like I have been doing for a few weeks now, I went and checked www.junglehammock.com to see if there was anything new. Well, after a couple of weeks of the website being down completely and the odd little time that it redirected to a different website, it’s back!

And it’s telling us to watch for the new ownership announcement soon. Good signs.

Let’s hope the new ownership takes quality seriously and they’re not looking to cash in on the Clark name with substandard products.

I love my NX-270 and am gearing up to take it out for my first winter camping trips ever. It would be sad if future owners didn’t get the same experience the rest of us have had.
    So if a cottage business builds its reputation on the service and quality of that business owner, and that business owner retires and sells the business, is it really the same business under the new owner/manager in anything other than name only?

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff-oh View Post
    So if a cottage business builds its reputation on the service and quality of that business owner, and that business owner retires and sells the business, is it really the same business under the new owner/manager in anything other than name only?
    Without mentioning names, sometimes it does work out really well.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    Without mentioning names, sometimes it does work out really well.
    I'll mention one, as far as I can tell so far: JRB, taken over by DGrav. I have been able to check out a couple of the products, and it appears to me to be of the same high quality. Also, customer service has so far been excellent, pretty much equal to original JRB. One thing that might help this is that(I'm pretty sure) DGrav had been pretty tight with the Jacks from many years past, and was extremely familiar with the products and company. Time will tell, but the start looks very promising to me.

One that didn't work out quite so well was when Speer got switched to Switchback/TTTrailgear. In the case, the manufacture of the highly rated Speer stuff was transferred to the also highly rated Switchback guy, Dale. And I think it worked great for a while. But I think the reason it went away was that Dale got sick,and he really never came back to be able or willing to keep on making the products. So, it just went away. That, of course, could happen to any one of our cottage folks who have such great reputations.

Another went from top rated to crap, all without a change of people. Apparently, he just lost interest in the whole thing. So people went from good customer service and rave reviews about the tarps, to a couple of years(or more!) of complaints about not being able to contact anyone after orders were placed. Finally, the guy did the right thing and just officially went out of business.

• + New Posts