Insulation
    0-Wooki 20-Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images

No Hardware Door Management, Simple & Lightweight

FF930552-4773-45C9-B94D-4A00F34D7B43.jpeg

69AD6F74-07A5-4C82-BA13-03660DBBE1F2.jpeg

I'm not sure if this is a new idea, but it's new to me and I think it's worth sharing.

I just got a new tarp and when rigging it up I tried to minimize the amount of shockcord used in the door closures to cut down on weight and bulk. By doing so I stumbled across a great method of creating a hardware-free and simple to use toggle system for my door management that also has a tension adjusting feature. I was interested in a no-hardware setup so when my tarp is stored there is nothing packed in with it that could potentially damage the tarp. Below is a description of the idea and at the end I'll post the link to a video I made that shows the door closure idea in detail. It also shows a nice UCR guyout setup that is working well on my front porch side, and how I used prusiks as lineloks for my less adjustable guyouts and panel pullouts. Overall I'm really happy with my current setup and I hope it's helpful for others.

Here's the door closure description:
    I made dogbones out of 1.75mm Zing-It for each door that are larks-headed to the door corners. At the working end of the dogbone is a length of shockcord that is ran through another larks-head, this gives adjustability for different roof pitches. The shockcord has a simple overhand knot on a bight on one end and a simple overhand stopper knot on the other end. The stopper knot is to keep the shockcord from accidentally coming through the larks-head on the dogbone. The overhand on a bight is the door toggle. I also added an additional overhand knot on the shockcord strand after tying the overhand on a bight. I don't think it is necessary but it adds a bit more bite as a toggle. To close the doors I simply run the 'overhand on a bight' through the anchor larks-head of the opposite door. To adjust tension the shockcord can be pulled through the larks-head and it will stay in place with the friction the larks-head provides. I am able to use the exact same toggle technique in 'storm mode' and in 'hex mode.'

Here's the video if you're interested in the idea. It shows my whole tarp setup and briefly mentions a few other little things I wanted to show off on my hammock setup.

Last edited by SnugAsaBugInaRug; 01-10-2020 at 20:30.
    Mosquitos suck and the wind blows!

• + New Posts