Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Thumbs up Appalachian Hammock 12' Hex

I picked this tarp up last week from the fire sale they had going on and it arrived today. First, the quality of this tarp is equal to that of every other cottage made tarp I've seen and it was an absolute steal at only $60. It was only available in camo, but that matches the dark olive, coyote and black color scheme of the rest of my gear so I'm definitely ok with it. As far as a RL and guyouts, I plan on using the standard Zing-it + Dutch hook -------prussik --------------------prussik --------- wasp configuration , and have 2.3mm reflective line with Line Lock Hooks that attach to the tarp via 4" reflective shock cord loops which are larks headed to the 1" D-rings at each corner. I did have to buy some seam seal since it doesn't come pre-sealed , but for that price I'll gladly do it. This tarp rounds out my awesome new rig and I couldn't be happier with it. Once I get it sealed I post some pics of it with the new Chameleon!
    It does come in a very large stuff sack that will hold the tarp + rigging with a lot of room to spare. It also came with a RSTBR sticker to add to my ever growing collection,lol. Too bad they don't make these anymore, I'm sure they would sell very well even at a higher price point. Can't wait to use it !

IMG_20200107_154939.jpgIMG_20200107_154853.jpgIMG_20200107_154616.jpgIMG_20200107_154831.jpgIMG_20200107_155016.jpg
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Ugh, looks like I'm gonna have to wait another day to try the new tarp with the new Chameleon. I've got a snow squall warning until 0930 this morning, then a gale warning until 10:00 tonight. The accumulation this morning will be around 2" but there could be gusts between 30-45kts, definitely not good for pitching a tarp!
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    And here's the tarp after seam sealing : IMG_20200109_145123.jpg

Hammock
    netless mostly...
    Tarp
    DW Winter, Hex 12
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Incu E20
    Suspension
    Whoopie-Spider
    Oops. The deadly combo of a late-night bottle of wine, hammock forums and a credit card have struck again. Good thing is I no longer have to worry about fitting an 11-foot hammock with a 110" ridgeline under a 114" length tarp in the rainy PNW. Yippee, a twelve foot dark olive sil-poly hex is on the way.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gooless View Post
    Oops. The deadly combo of a late-night bottle of wine, hammock forums and a credit card have struck again. Good thing is I no longer have to worry about fitting an 11-foot hammock with a 110" ridgeline under a 114" length tarp in the rainy PNW. Yippee, a twelve foot dark olive sil-poly hex is on the way.
    You got dark olive? They only had camo when I ordered mine. I like the camo, but I'd rather of had a solid dark earth color. Oh well, for only $60 I can't complain really I guess. First world problems right? Lol. Your gonna LOVE the tarp, it's definitely well made and lightweight.

Hammock
    netless mostly...
    Tarp
    DW Winter, Hex 12
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Incu E20
    Suspension
    Whoopie-Spider
    It has been sitting in the UPS facility a couple blocks from my desk at work since 08:34 this morning... scheduled for delivery by 4:30 Wednesday.

I'll blame the wine but for some reason I thought it was going to be cat-cut on all six sides but looking at yours it looks like a straight hex. Think I actually prefer that, might add some tieouts and/or attachable door(s) down the line. Seems like a great addition to the toolbox at 60 bux.

They certainly did everyone right with their inventory clearance. I was one of the lucky ones that scored a 12' winter tarp (dark brown) for a cool 75 bones. Not as pictured and came with Beastee Dee rings which was icing on the cake. It goes "really" well with my dark gray $25 11' AH gathered end.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gooless View Post
    It has been sitting in the UPS facility a couple blocks from my desk at work since 08:34 this morning... scheduled for delivery by 4:30 Wednesday.

I'll blame the wine but for some reason I thought it was going to be cat-cut on all six sides but looking at yours it looks like a straight hex. Think I actually prefer that, might add some tieouts and/or attachable door(s) down the line. Seems like a great addition to the toolbox at 60 bux.
    That's right, it's not cat cut. Although, as you can see in the pic I got it pretty taught. The sides do droop slightly in porch mode, but that's just how it is when the sides and top are straight, not hex. All things considered, it's an awesome tarp for the money. Any other $60 tarp you find will be twice as heavy and be PU coated most likely.... I know that's how my $60 Chill Gorilla hex is.

• + New Posts