Tarp
    Super Fly Silpoly
    Insulation
    JRB top and bottom
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Baka Dasai View Post
    Here's what I do:

1. Tie a bunch of alpine butterfly loops in some cord.

2. Hang it from the ceiling or wall.

3. Attach your stuff sacks or gear bags to the loops. (You can tie a knot with the drawstring, or use a carabiner/mitten hook etc.)

This is genius, I love making knots! I'll be doing this immediately, thanks!

Hammock
    Banyan bridge, BIAS gathered
    Tarp
    ZPacks w doors
    Insulation
    HG; JRB
    Suspension
    Straps & beckett
    Maybe trap the rodents? Mothballs and/or peppermint oil are additional deterents. I think peppermint smells much better. Store no food or smellables in your totes and don't skimp on tote quality/thickness.
    Find the LIGHT STUFF at QiWiz.net

The lightest cathole trowels, wood burning stoves, windscreens, spatulas,
    cooking options, titanium and aluminum pots, and buck saws on the planet

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Totes are great, even just to keep dust off things. Even the cleanest house will be covered in dust and whatever after a period of no use.

Waterproof, almost air tight, stackable, not too expensive.

Get rid of those chipmunks if you can. I know they're cute and seemingly harmless, but they burrow and hollow out areas under foundations, patios, driveways, etc. I had a $10,000 bill coming for a new driveway, luckily I sold before getting into that. Underneath was a huge network of tunnels from them. I tried to fill with sand but it was too late. Concrete is strong, but with nothing to support it there's no beating physics. I also had a basketball-sized void next to my foundation. I found it while planting shrubs...literally packed full of sunflower seeds! They've gotten so bad I don't even bait the trap; I set it out empty and can catch them every 20 minutes sometimes!

Hammock
    mod ENO DN
    Tarp
    Jackson custom
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ, EWCS bag
    Suspension
    Modified whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarome View Post
    Which "storage" thread should we reply to?
    I was in a bad location and kept losing page. Must have picked other discussion while cussing at laptop. It took over 1/2 hour before I seen it was posted. My mistake, Thank You Mod for blocking it.

I have gear inhouse in an upstairs closet stuffed into totes currently. UQ/TQ and sleeping bags all hanging from ceiling. We are shifting the house around a lot, just refinished most of basement, and don't have enough space for all of it. I have 2 hammocks I each use once a year. I used to have them all hung on cup hooks inside a closet door so getting those was easy enough. But now just trying to keep everything together, cause I got a lot of crap, (17 mess kits, just saying). It is amazing the amount of things one collects over the years. My problem with big totes is I go diving in for one particular hammock and have to shift or excavate 25 pounds of other stuff to find it. That's why I was curious how everyone else does it. Maybe pick up an idea that fits my situation. The last trip out (Nov.29-Dec.3) wasn't bad but I forgot a few things. Thought I had them and tore pack apart twice looking for them. That really sucked cause it was raining when I made camp. I am bound and determined to get my stuff organized over winter (12 weeks left before I'm going out again). Smaller totes might be a way to go but still very curious how (inspirationally speaking) you all keep your gear.
    Last edited by IckyTheGreat; 01-10-2020 at 12:06.
    Not all who wander are lost.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12