DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    LL-40/HG 0
    Suspension
    Becket hitch!

WI, March 19th thru March 22nd Private Land Winchester, WI

Come on out for an end of the season hang, it is located on about 40 wooded acres of privately owned land, land is owned by the church that is right across the road. There is a Kwik Trip located right down the road, and a couple bars that serve food in the area if anyone is interested. We can spread out and have multiple fires if desired, or have just one main long fire. I will be bringing some dry wood along just in case we need it to start the long fire. Anyone is welcome to bring some dry firewood from within 10 miles of the location. Bring your own chair or feel free to make a bench. We will need to make 2 tripods so we can hang pots over the fire if anyone wants. I will also be bringing a long table to be used since there are no picnic tables, if anyone else has the room to bring a table that would be a great help.

Cost to us is MINIMAL! Water is available but less then 1/4 mile away. But there are no facilities so it is a cat hole weekend or the 5 gallon bucket latrine! And there is NO shelter, unless we set one up. We can string up a large tarp as a shelter if desired. Camping animals are welcome as long as they have current vaccinations (there are possums, raccoons, and skunks on this land and don't want the camping animals catching anything) and are well behaved! Kids welcome as well! There are some walking trails going thru the woods and people do walk these trails so please remember to be respectable. We can harvest any down or dying trees, so chainsaws, axes, and saws are welcome! If it is stable ground then someone is welcome to bring a 4 wheeler to move wood. We are allowed to drive back and drop off equipment if the snow is not to deep or its wet (don't want to tear up the ground).

There will be a plowed parking lot that vehicles need to be parked at.

The parking lot to park in is right across the road, and woods located right behind that parking lot.

Our cost is spending a few hours on Saturday showing off our systems and talking with Scouts and people interested in winter camping (if we have anyone decide to show up). I believe this is a decent trade off for us being allowed to use the land and harvest the wood.

There was a bear siting in these woods a few years ago but nothing as of recently.

All camping/survival skills are allowed as long as LNT is followed

Tent campers are welcome......

A lot of the woods are pine, tree straps or huggers are needed to hang off of trees!

What is not allowed:
    Hunting or shooting of fire arms
    Fireworks

Last but not least.... Spreadsheet..... thanks watertooner
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by kattdogg; 01-05-2020 at 20:58.
    To only step where others have stepped means not to have your own adventures. Live, Love, and Adventure so you may leave your own foot prints!

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Sounds like fun, count us in! You know most of us love showing off our gear, I'll even try to be on my best behavior
    Last edited by goobie; 01-05-2020 at 21:21.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    CC Ponderosa
    Insulation
    Sheltowee
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Ohhh I might be able to make this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Each of us has an Up North. It's a time and a place far from the here and now. It's a map on the wall, a dream in the making, a tugging at one's soul. For those who feel the tug, who make the dream happen, who put the map in the packsack and go, the world is never quite the same." Sam Cook, Up North 1986

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    LL-40/HG 0
    Suspension
    Becket hitch!
    Quote Originally Posted by goobie View Post
    Sounds like fun, count us in! You know most of us love showing off our gear, I'll even try to be on my best behavior
    Doughnuts? Really? Not Kringle? Ugggg!
    To only step where others have stepped means not to have your own adventures. Live, Love, and Adventure so you may leave your own foot prints!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    It's a little known fact about the O&H Bakery in Racine, but the "O" is the symbol for a doughnut. They were famous for delicious doughnuts long before kringle came along.

N.B. The above "fact" may or may not be true, but Goobie should now be aware that I enjoy plain cake doughnuts.
    The game is the best teacher.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    LL-40/HG 0
    Suspension
    Becket hitch!
    With all this snow we are getting let's hope it doesn't melt before before the hang.

Hammock
    Gathered end from Hammock Gear
    Tarp
    DIY 12' extra wide
    Insulation
    DIY Goose down
    Suspension
    Superior Gear
    Images
    Hope to make this one- our schedule for the games is changing though, so keep your fingers crossed.
    AQ
    "Have Rum Will Travel"

Hammock
    Depends Many
    Tarp
    Depends Many
    Insulation
    Depends Many
    Suspension
    Depends Many
    Images
    My wife and I Hope to come out and meet some like minded folks!

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    LL-40/HG 0
    Suspension
    Becket hitch!
    With all this warm weather and now rain in the forecast I doubt there will be much snow, but may be to muddy to get vehicles back in there..... fyi

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Yup, although the forecast keeps shifting around, it looks like a wet weekend. Do you think the trail into the woods is stable enough for a wagon or will it be too muddy even for that? Is the area flat or hilly? Can't tell from the Google map photo.
    The game is the best teacher.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast