Dutchware Chameleon Wide
    Tarp
    12' ProVenture
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

Hello from Gig Harbor, WA!

Hi everyone. My name is Matt. I live in Gig Harbor, Washington, and I'm pretty new to hanging.

I'm from Oklahoma originally and moved here back in 2015. I'd never hiked or done much camping most of my life until moving here, but once I started I fell in love with hiking and backpacking. How could I not living here?! I'd been a ground dweller on all my backpacking trips since starting, but kept seeing videos on YouTube being recommended to me about using a hammock. The curiosity grew and grew since I already loved lounging in the backyard with my cheap Amazon hammock, and was getting tired of restless nights and a stiff back in the backcountry.

This past August, me and a few friends were super lucky enough to score permits for The Enchantments in the Cascades. After conquering Aasgard Pass and a night of poor sleep in the alpine moonscape that is the Core Zone, by the time we reached Snow Lakes that next afternoon I was feeling pretty beat-up. One friend was curious about my bivy tent, and I his hammock setup, so we decided to swap systems for the night. It was the best night of sleep I've ever had in the backcountry, I woke up full of energy, and my back wasn't sore! Since that night I haven't looked back. Slowly putting my system together, but have since done 4 trips using my new hammock (Chameleon Wide) and I'm seriously addicted.

By lurking here for several months, I was able to gain enough knowledge to prevent some of the learning curve headaches, so thank you for letting me join this community! I'd also be remiss if I didn't give a shoutout to those folks on YouTube that piqued my curiosity about hammocks in the first place, and who share so much great information: Shug, Sintax77, Spigyver, Tim Watson, and the Schill Brothers.

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to learning more and contributing!
    Last edited by mattatarian; 01-03-2020 at 17:45.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    13' WB Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY Up! Karo-Step
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Welcome sir! Gig Harbor is some beautiful country and I'm envious of your Enchantments trip. I lived briefly in Seattle and that was on the treks I always wanted to do.

Chris

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    8X10 Flat Tarp
    Insulation
    UQ & Top Quilt
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Welcome! Pretty new lurker here as well. In Mukilteo, WA! Always looking for more good hang sites around the area: )

• + New Posts