WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WBSF in Sylpoly
    Insulation
    Mod' WindHard Tiny
    Suspension
    Webbing + cinch

DIY underquilt protector for WB Wooki

Has anybody made one of these before? I was camping on bloody mountain in November and the wind just robbed my UQ warmth to no end. Really wished I had an UQ protector. I have some light nylon fabric and was thinking of making an UQ protector. Just not sure how its supposed to be laid out what with the footbox and gathering etc.
    TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance View Post
    I have some light nylon fabric and was thinking of making an UQ protector.
    I've made one, though not for a Wooki. The video I'll link to below is from forum member Jellyfish and was quite helpful. I didn't follow it exactly, but used it to figure out the length I needed and how to put in the Knotty mods. I've found that having the shock cord adjustments makes the protector really versatile. I can fit it on both my gathered end or my bridge hammock because the shock cord allows me to really cinch it up when needed or let it out.

My belief is that so long as the protector covers the insulation on the quilt and more or less conforms to the shape of the hammock, the fit doesn't have to be exact. You just want to break the force of the wind. I'd strongly suggest calendared fabric for that purpose. Some people choose silnylon for water proofness, but mine isn't.

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdZIMKE7E2w&t=30s
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I have one from 2QZQ and I also made one myself. There is no special design needed for the Blackbird or the Wooki, although you could make it a bit longer than the usual 3 yards if you also want to protect the carrier fabric of the Wooki. I recently had several situations where I got a lot of dirty backsplash under my tarp and was wishing for my UQP to be a bit longer.

I quite like the 2QZQ design: it simply a short hammock with a channel on each of the long sides. You pull the shock cord suspension through the short channels, and one piece of shock cord with a cord stopper through each of the long channels. 2QZQ has an opening in the middle of the long channel for the cord stopper, so that you can cinch the UQP in the middle. But I think it's probably possible to have the cord stopper on one end of the channel (or both). That's it.

• + New Posts