DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I was actually going to ask you about posting on hammockforums since it's been awhile. I'm the guy that's been blowing up your email inbox about the Smokehouse Outfitter Can't wait to take it out!!!! And again, thanks for all your help and patience getting me set up.

If this hang was a shorter drive I'd try and make it.

Very interested in joining this hang as I been to that area before (its beautiful!). Trying to get into hammock camping but not entirely sure about equipment choices. Would love to gets hands on and hear recommendations from those who do this regularly. I've subscribed to this thread. Will be watching...

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Also subscribing to this thread. Not sure if I’ll be free then, but am hoping I will be.

Hammock
    my 11' ers
    Tarp
    many of my tarps
    Insulation
    yeti, Incubators
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    Images
    Hey Oneclick,,, I hope you enjoy it.

Surplus,,, come join us, I'm sure you will see many styles of hammocks and tarps.

Hey Surplus,,, there's always extra gear to try out and a myriad of configurations to look at, At the least you'll get a good sampling and a chance to sleep if you want in different hammocks. I'll have several as well as lot of other folks. And Smokehouse is one of the best at setting up hangs.

Quote Originally Posted by jrs View Post
    Hey Surplus,,, there's always extra gear to try out and a myriad of configurations to look at, At the least you'll get a good sampling and a chance to sleep if you want in different hammocks. I'll have several as well as lot of other folks. And Smokehouse is one of the best at setting up hangs.
    Hey thanks! I don't want to spend a whole bunch of money up front trying to figure out what kind of gear works for me. I've been looking for an opportunity to attend something like this so I can try and discover some needs/preferences up front. I would be very grateful for any and all help.

I have a travel trailer, and it just so happens that these dates fall on the tail end of my kids' spring break. Thinking of bringing the fam up and letting them stay in the trailer while I try my hand at hanging. Its difficult to tell from the map/website if there are any facilities for the trailer (parking, electricity, etc.). Some of you that are more familiar with this particular area: is there a place that I can set the trailer up or is that a no go?

Hammock
    my 11' ers
    Tarp
    many of my tarps
    Insulation
    yeti, Incubators
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SurplusFan98 View Post
    Hey thanks! I don't want to spend a whole bunch of money up front trying to figure out what kind of gear works for me. I've been looking for an opportunity to attend something like this so I can try and discover some needs/preferences up front. I would be very grateful for any and all help.

I have a travel trailer, and it just so happens that these dates fall on the tail end of my kids' spring break. Thinking of bringing the fam up and letting them stay in the trailer while I try my hand at hanging. Its difficult to tell from the map/website if there are any facilities for the trailer (parking, electricity, etc.). Some of you that are more familiar with this particular area: is there a place that I can set the trailer up or is that a no go?
    Kyle's Landing has a very steep gravel road going down to it. The official open date is March 15th, that when you have to start paying. There are Vault bathrooms open, but the main bathroom won't open until the 15th. I know the camp host will have a travel trailer and if you have a small Travel trailer the best place for that would be on left side of park, there are no hook ups... most of us will be on the right side. I would not recommend taking a travel trailer down that gravel road unless it was small.
    This video is one of the hangs back in 2013... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ItWolIXAg

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeHouse View Post
    Kyle's Landing has a very steep gravel road going down to it. The official open date is March 15th, that when you have to start paying. There are Vault bathrooms open, but the main bathroom won't open until the 15th. I know the camp host will have a travel trailer and if you have a small Travel trailer the best place for that would be on left side of park, there are no hook ups... most of us will be on the right side. I would not recommend taking a travel trailer down that gravel road unless it was small.
    This video is one of the hangs back in 2013... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ItWolIXAg
    Would really love to make this as its one of my favorite parts of the country, but unfortunately its not going to work out this time. Luckily, there's another just after in LA not terribly far from where I live, so I'll drop in on that one instead. I'll be looking to come to future ones with you guys in AR though for sure.

Here's the link to the LA hang:
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...LA-Group-Hang/

Hammock
    my 11' ers
    Tarp
    many of my tarps
    Insulation
    yeti, Incubators
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    Images
    Hey Surplus,, no problem and enjoy the hang at LA

I’ll be there. I would love to see the hammock setups.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast