Madera double wide, 9.5 ft
    Tarp
    RynoTuff, 10x10
    Insulation
    DIY Costco UQ + TQ
    Suspension
    DIY

I'm new to this

Hello from Wyoming! I've been casually hanging for about a year now and I'm hoping to get a bit more serious about UL hanging and long-distance treks. I joined the forum primarily for DIY ideas and gear recommends! It seems like a really friendly community here and I'm excited to dig a little deeper.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Super fly
    Insulation
    Quilt
    Images
    Welcome from Minnesota, there are plenty of helpful folks and info here. Just takes a little time to navigate all the forums. Enjoy!

Hammock
    DIY 12' 1.6 oz Hyper D Baby
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Welcome from a fellow Poke!! Well I am not from WYO but was in school there at UW from 91-94! Rootin and tootin for sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HNLaradise View Post
    Hello from Wyoming! I've been casually hanging for about a year now and I'm hoping to get a bit more serious about UL hanging and long-distance treks. I joined the forum primarily for DIY ideas and gear recommends! It seems like a really friendly community here and I'm excited to dig a little deeper.
    Welcome to HF! You certainly live in a wonderful part of the country for outdoor pursuits.

There is a small but solid core of folks here who are into UL. For a good long time I resisted getting into the whole hammock thing because I didn't think it was compatible with UL style backpacking, but in fact it works quite well.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HNLaradise View Post
    Hey there, welcome to cold a** WY from usually warm MS! I have been making trips to your wonderful Wind River Mountains since 1985. And in fact I did my first ever sleep and backpack with a hammock there in 2006. Nearly froze that first early Sept 22ºF night! I had a lot to learn, but by the 2nd night I was able to stay warm and got hooked on hammocks high in the Winds! Welcome and whatever you need to know about hanging, you should be able to learn here!

• + New Posts