Hammock
    WBBB DL + 7 others
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    LocoLibre TQ0 UQ0
    Suspension
    15'Kevlar3.3J-bend
    I graze down the New Posts after logging in, and dive through about three pages, clicking on ones that interest me as New Tabs. Then read 'em.

Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    WEB
    Images
    Roundtable question.....I entered the same video under two different forums with very different results. The Hazard Tree video received 135 views under Roundtable, 868 views under General Hammock Talk. Why is there such a difference since Roundtable was open this month?

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I did use e-mail subscriptions to the sub-forums I'm interested in until they stopped working. Since then I have been using RSS feeds via Feedly. In both cases I only see activity in forums that I subscribe to. I rarely go to the forums overview page or the new posts.

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Carver View Post
    Roundtable question.....I entered the same video under two different forums with very different results. The Hazard Tree video received 135 views under Roundtable, 868 views under General Hammock Talk. Why is there such a difference since Roundtable was open this month?
    Unscientific thoughts... posts with more replies get more views. The General one had more replies. That also keeps a post at the top of New Posts which gets more eyeballs.

I also don’t know the behavior of new people on the forum anymore - maybe they drill down by Forum/Subforum, etc which means more folks looking at General than other subforums.

Just guesses.

Hammock
    11' 5 O'Clock Shadow
    Tarp
    Indoors
    Insulation
    DIY down throw UQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckle,straps
    I start by checking my Subscriptions page, then I go to New Posts. I mostly avoided looking at anything in the donating members area this month, since I knew it would vanish toward the end of the month. None of the "useful" stuff in there would interest me anyway, since I'm not a backpacker. (The Round-Table area kept trying to lure me in, though!)

I just go to the main forum page read what I want then mark forums read until the next day.
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Carver View Post
    Folks just don't watch or comment on videos as much as they used to on here. May be that so many more folks post videos now. Many prefer a written report. Just changing times as far as forum ways go.
    I think not as many go to the Roundtable Off-Topic as it seems the $10 charge for the Donating Members Only is unappealing for some members on here.
    Any video I post is a section there such as Backpacking never gets as many views.
    Having been on this forum for a while I have noticed various changes through the years in what folks want or what may be popular. Though it is still mainly hammocks.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY (Olive Oyl)
    Insulation
    [allergic to down]
    Images
    I click on Forums and read everything new in the Forums I follow since I was last here (mostly General Hammock Talk, and the "Hammock Camping" forums). Did not realize until a week ago or so that the Donating Members section was open, so I looked around in there. Found some interesting DIY stuff, but it was not enough to convince me to spend the $...

Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    WEB
    Images
    I am satisfied with my current setup so that I usually just check out roundtable and outings. I subscribed to Shug so that I don't miss any of his videos.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' Hexon1.6 burntcoyote
    Tarp
    DIY ASYM
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ/CDT
    Suspension
    Dyno-Poly Beetles
    Typically, I will use the New Post method for searching threads, but I’ll navigate to the Trip Reports sub-forum when I need to escape from reality and watch someone else hike-n-hang. Still very much enjoy the videos!

I’ve found that most of the threads I’ve clicked on since HF opened up the donating members forum have been in that section. I used to be a donating member, but didn’t have the funds the last time it was time to renew, but I do think it’s time to re-up my subscription!

Shug, has your viewership declined any, or just the commenting? It seems a plateau has been achieved as far as innovation is concerned. So many issues have been solved and their solutions are easily found on vendors websites. I still watch all of your videos, which can be proved by my 5yo and 3yo running around the house all day yelling “mmmmhmmm that’s a purdy boil!”
    If you don't know where you are going, you'll end up someplace else.
    - Yogi Berra

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast