Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Nice setup Chesapeake! Let me know how you like the breathalyzer.
    I’ve got the moonlite symmetrical topcover for my setup. I hardly ever use the guyouts.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ridgerunner/ chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    Sweet rig. It’ll give ya years of good service. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigglet View Post
    Nice setup Chesapeake! Let me know how you like the breathalyzer.
    I’ve got the moonlite symmetrical topcover for my setup. I hardly ever use the guyouts.
    Will do. I just got out here and settled in, and the outside & most of the inside of the cover had condensation so I'm probably gonna need to use it tonight. I wiped it down to dry it the best I could before climbing in. The foot end guyouts were giving me issues with my UQ so I unzipped them for tonight.....head end left on. It's definitely A LOT different than the XLC so it might take a few nights to learn how I want it set up, but so far I'm really digging it. Will report in a.m !
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    ** UPDATE, FIRST NIGHT**

I really like the feel of the 1.0 compared to the XLC SL's 1.7 and slept like a baby last night. So well infact, that I didn't even wake up to pee until 0630! The breathalyzer did a great job of redirecting my visible breath out of the vent and kept my Burrows head end dry while creating a noticeable difference in temp between the two semi-sealed compartments. I still have some tinkering to do with the 'bators suspension to get it 100% dialed in. I also and want to install the second 4×4 post in my yard to give me a much flatter area to hang over, which will make tree strap and tarp setup way easier as well as helping with the guyouts if I end up using them. I ended up not needing my tarp last night but I had pre set the stakes and lines just in case. So overall the first night went great. While I still have a small learning curve to master it's setup and to get it totally dialed in, I was more than happy with its performance last night regardless. The comfort level and stretch of the 1.0 Hexon, the top covers perfectly placed vent and light weight, the breathalyzer doing it's job, the adjustability of the hammock, and on, and on, and on, all made for one of the better nights sleep I've had since getting into hammocking ........by far. So much so that I'm gonna use it inside tonight! Lol. I should have HG's branded ground sheet and new mesh ridgline loft in a few days so I'll take some pics and report on how they work as well.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, WBRR,Dutch Argon1.6
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetle clips
    Hi Chesapeake,
    Did you get the regular or wide 1.0 Hexon Chameleon hammock? Is your top cover the half moon?
    I’m 170 lbs, not sure if I’m to heavy for that fabrics?
    Congrats on your New purchase !

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick2world View Post
    Hi Chesapeake,
    Did you get the regular or wide 1.0 Hexon Chameleon hammock? Is your top cover the half moon?
    I’m 170 lbs, not sure if I’m to heavy for that fabrics?
    Congrats on your New purchase !
    Hey Rick. I'm about 5'7 155 "ish" ( probably a touch more this time of year now that I'm at my "hibernation weight" lol), and got the regular width hex 1.0 . I typically prefer more stretch and this fabric definitely allows that for me. Not sure of your height or lay preferences, but your definitely not too heavy for the 1.0 as it's rated to 200lbs. That limit obviously isn't it's failure point but allows for a safety margin and is tied to comfort level as well I believe. Personally, I can feel a huge difference between it and the 1.7 of my XLC which for me is a lot more firm. That said, I doubt this fabric would have held up nearly as well as the 1.7 did during my brush with a hungry, pissed off, curious raccoon @ 3am lol. Since your under the weight limit it really just depends on what you prefer .

Hammock
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetle clips
    Thanks Chesapeake for your comments.
    I’m 5’ 8” so I’m considering the 1.0 hexon regular size also .

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick2world View Post
    Thanks Chesapeake for your comments.
    I’m 5’ 8” so I’m considering the 1.0 hexon regular size also .
    If you don't mind the stretch it will be a great fit for you then I think. I've been using my diy argon 1.6 as my regular bed for a few years now, and when I hung the Chameleon in its place last night I could really notice the difference in sag when sitting. I had the argon set so my legs made pretty close to a 90° angle at the knee with my thighs parallel with the floor. With the Chameleon though it's probably closer to 45° or slightly less lol, and that's with the RL height & tightness as close to the same as the argon as I could get it. It will take a little getting used to but it's more than worth it for the comfort and feel of the Hexon compared to the argon 1.6, which is a pretty comfortable fabric in its right .

The only other thing that I have to get used to is the lack of knotty mod/ "footbox" , which my argon & XLC have. I never used the XLC w/o it's net or cover so I always had that feature with it, and the argon had a knotty on each side of the foot end. So when using the Chameleon net/top-less I've got some floppy sides that I'm not used to and with them I need to use the foot end guyouts to get the same kind of effect as the XLC footbox. That's definitely a minor thing though and not a negative by any means, just a difference.

Hammock
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetle clips
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    If you don't mind the stretch it will be a great fit for you then I think. I've been using my diy argon 1.6 as my regular bed for a few years now, and when I hung the Chameleon in its place last night I could really notice the difference in sag when sitting. I had the argon set so my legs made pretty close to a 90° angle at the knee with my thighs parallel with the floor. With the Chameleon though it's probably closer to 45° or slightly less lol, and that's with the RL height & tightness as close to the same as the argon as I could get it. It will take a little getting used to but it's more than worth it for the comfort and feel of the Hexon compared to the argon 1.6, which is a pretty comfortable fabric in its right .

The only other thing that I have to get used to is the lack of knotty mod/ "footbox" , which my argon & XLC have. I never used the XLC w/o it's net or cover so I always had that feature with it, and the argon had a knotty on each side of the foot end. So when using the Chameleon net/top-less I've got some floppy sides that I'm not used to and with them I need to use the foot end guyouts to get the same kind of effect as the XLC footbox. That's definitely a minor thing though and not a negative by any means, just a difference.
    Thanks for your observations. I also have the XLC. I do like the foot box and the roominess of the blackbird. I will go for the hexon 1.0 chameleon anyhow. I want to try a softer hammock. I hope the Wooki will fit on it without to much trouble.

Good point on the foot end portion of the Chameleon. Have you experience any knee pain?

Hammock
    Warbonnet ridgerunner/ chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post

I just kinda loosely clip the the guyouts to the corners of my run fly. It pulls a bit upward instead of downwards. Makes for a better foot box. Give it a shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast