Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Crazy like a fox you mean. Been sleeping in a hammock full-time. At home or away. Tensa stand for the away from home stuff. A bed is a none starter for me.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    You are among friend here. We do not judge. We know you are crazy
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    WBRR/WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Minifly
    Insulation
    WB Lynx/WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I haven't slept in a bed in years.

My first night in a hammock was a test hang with my first purchase in the woods behind the house. I slept for 12 hrs. without moving. Wow, did I ever have to pee when I woke up. What a revelation, I never looked back.

My WB Ridge Runner is my hang at home. The WB Black Bird is my travel hang.

You're not crazy, you're as sane as I am.

Chuck

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Z
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Minifly
    Insulation
    Tigris el Cheapo
    Suspension
    Straps
    Just switched to a Mayan style hammock from Vivere indoors at the start of the New Year. One week in and it's still a treat. And the stand it comes with makes it easy to set up on the balcony as well.

Life's pretty sweet in 2020 so far. You sound perfectly sane to me.
    "If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." - L Wittgenstein

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyJew View Post
    Just switched to a Mayan style hammock from Vivere indoors at the start of the New Year. One week in and it's still a treat. And the stand it comes with makes it easy to set up on the balcony as well.

Life's pretty sweet in 2020 so far. You sound perfectly sane to me.
    Just curious, what size mayan did you get and how do you like the size? I got a jumbo (thin cord cotton) from hammocksrada last month. It is very good quality and incredibly comfortable, but I find myself wondering if it is TOO big (blasphemy, I know), like maybe I could have gone with a king or even a queen. I am 5'11", 165 lbs, and broad-shouldered but still have a lot of extra width in material at both my head and foot end when laying at a comfortable diagonal and without stretching the weave. The extra width at the head end can be annoying. I do wonder, though, if without that surplus width, the quality of the lay may decrease (e.g., more shoulder squeeze or calf ridge, etc.). Maybe it wouldn't be comfortable if my head and feet went nearly to the edge on each end. Anyways, just interested in another data point.

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Z
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Minifly
    Insulation
    Tigris el Cheapo
    Suspension
    Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by vsiddhartha View Post
    Just curious, what size mayan did you get and how do you like the size? I got a jumbo (thin cord cotton) from hammocksrada last month. It is very good quality and incredibly comfortable, but I find myself wondering if it is TOO big (blasphemy, I know), like maybe I could have gone with a king or even a queen. I am 5'11", 165 lbs, and broad-shouldered but still have a lot of extra width in material at both my head and foot end when laying at a comfortable diagonal and without stretching the weave. The extra width at the head end can be annoying. I do wonder, though, if without that surplus width, the quality of the lay may decrease (e.g., more shoulder squeeze or calf ridge, etc.). Maybe it wouldn't be comfortable if my head and feet went nearly to the edge on each end. Anyways, just interested in another data point.
    Hi VSid!

I purchased the 9', the hammock being 63x94". I am 5'10". At 15 degrees, I still have plenty of fabric at my head and feed, and it's mighty comfortable. After a week I've noticed no bunching, no shoulder crush, no leg tension.
    "If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." - L Wittgenstein

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12