Thread: hi from nor cal

hi from nor cal

just joined up in napa . ive camped a lot but I saw something on line about hammocks.i was in the santa rosa rei and saw an eno hammock on sale . I said what the hell . scored it hung it in my back yard and fell in love
    now when I hike I bring my hammock .hike way up with my friends then pull out my eno and a cup of coffee .very civilized! they are very jealous.its only been a few months but im looking for my next real rig .any input would be great. I cant wait to hang in the redwoods on a steelhead trip.

Hammock
    Clark NX-270
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    atlas xl straps
    Images
    It's hard to beat the sleep one gets in a hammock! As far as your next rig goes, there are many good ones to choose from. Personally, I like my Clark NX-270 but they aren't made anymore so you would have to get a used one. It is a great starter rig and I liked it because of the poles that keep the bug net up. I've been looking at a Dutchwre chameleon lately and that one looks awesome. I think that Dream Hammocks are the most configurable and customizable but Dutch is also pretty configurable as well. There is also Warbonnet that makes some nice ones as well as Hennessey. There are a bunch of others that I am sure someone will mention them. Welcome to the forums, a wealth of information here. If you haven't already you should check out Shugemery on youtube, his videos cover a ton of stuff that is good to know.
    "...films, football, beer and above all, gambling filled up the horizon of their minds. To keep them in control was not difficult." - George Orwell

Hammock
    Amok Draumr XL
    Welcome to HF and hello from the Midwest! Hanging in the Redwoods after a steely fishing adventure sounds like a blast.
    Oooh, shiney! What does THIS button do?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    Welcome to HF and hello from the Midwest! Hanging in the Redwoods after a steely fishing adventure sounds like a blast.
    thanks grunt . i lived in indiana for a few years when i was a kid .my dad was army .froze my *** camping at racoon lake . wishbthey had good hammocks back then .looks like youve got lots of good trees to hang from ! lets keep it that way . yea buddy!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Super Fly Silpoly
    Insulation
    JRB top and bottom
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Greetings from Minnesota! Hammock camping in the redwoods sounds like an absolute dream. Been through the Avenue of the Giants once and had the time of my life there.

• + New Posts