SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4

Preparing for annual MO Frozen Butt Hang

Slept in the front yard last night to dry run my gear for the MO Frozen Butt Hang coming up first weekend of January. Barely got down to freezing. My main concern was the two pup tents. Years ago I always hung them directly off my hammock but in recent years I’ve taken to running a dedicated dog ridgeline to hang them from. Last night was trying to go back to the old way to simplify my setup, but now I remember one of the major advantages of hanging them from their own ridgeline is that I can tuck them up in closer under my tarp. Having FIXED attachment spacing (each CL of my hammock) forces me to place the pup tents further out on either end than I’d prefer. The tent at the head end isn’t bad but I wasn’t pleased with the tent at the foot end. I only had my older dog out last night and he always sleeps at the head end anyway. Tonight I’ll bring the pup out too. Kind of dreading that. She’s still in the all mouth, endlessly chewing stage. I’m a bit worried tying her up for the night right under my nice down underquilt. I don’t have a choice but to bring her along in January, though, so I guess it’s time to start training her trail etiquette...the first rule being “Don’t chew any of my gear!”

Oh! I was also trying out my brand new Thunder Fly! I like it!!! I love my Mini Fly, but was curious about the larger Thunder Fly.

Also experimented with top quilts last night. Instead of using my winter top quilt, I just doubled up two LL Operator Series 50 degree top quilts. (With a 20 Wooki UQ and a 2QZQ UQP.) It got done to 32 degrees. I was very comfortable. Didn’t wake up once through the night expect at 11:30 when the neighbor across the street turned her boxer out to run loose. He’s a mess. Likes to aggressively charge across the street into MY yard to bark at me. I just stomp my foot and yell at him to get back in his own yard and he backs down, but last night my German Shepherd was sleeping under my hammock and he was livid when Tommy came charging at my hammock. Fortunately for Tommy, I had Rem tied, but the momentary uproar was enough to jolt me awake!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dublinlin; 12-21-2019 at 10:56.

• + New Posts