DH Raven, WBRR
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmstout440 View Post
    At the Cub Scout level, kids aren’t allowed to use sewing machines. Plus, the kids at these ages have extremely short attention spans. We’re talking about kids as young as 5.

I’d also have to learn first ��. That’s one of the next big things on my list though.
    See my reply above. Let me know if that sounds like it might work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m Cubmaster of a new Cub Scout pack. My 6 year old has his own hammock, and all the other kids are super awed that we use hammocks when we go camping. (So do quite a few parents that have never even heard of hammock camping) I’ve offered to let some of the scouts try it out on our trips, and the ones who have, have loved it. Problem is, they’re always using my personal set up. I’ve got no problem sharing with them at all, but at the moment, I only have one hammock to spare between them and my family.
    I would like to set the pack up with a few of their own set ups, so that, in the future, everyone has a chance to learn and enjoy it. I’m having trouble deciding what to get them though. My sone has a Hennessy Scout, but I’m pretty much the only one who is knot savvy. I converted his to a whopper sling suspension, but that may be a little advanced for some people if I’m not around to guide them.

I’m looking for recommendations on what may work best for them. I don’t want to go too expensive. I would like to get at least three. One for an adult. Two for the kids. I would like to get something fully integrated like the Hennessy’s. The simpler it is for the kids and parents, the better. Is there a way to convert a Hennessy to a daisy chain suspension that still accomidates the rain fly other than whoopie sling? Or are there other set ups you would recommend?
    I highly recommend looking up the hammock camping guidelines on Scouting.Org
    I’d be concerned about the buddy system at that age and safety in general.
    We don’t allow hammock camping unless a Scout has proven they know how to setup and take down a tent several times and in different conditions.
    If you think you are too small or too unimportant to make a change try
    sleeping in a room with a mosquito.

Dalai Lama.

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    At the Cub Scout level, kids aren’t allowed to use sewing machines. Plus, the kids at these ages have extremely short attention spans. We’re talking about kids as young as 5.

I’d also have to learn first ��. That’s one of the next big things on my list though.
    No sewing involved in a whipped gathered end hammock. You loop the fabric through a cl and lash (whip) it together. It takes about 30 minutes to make a hammock that can last years. Shug's old green bean was built that way.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12