WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

Dixie’s trying Warbonnet

Dixie (aka Jessica aka Homemade Wandelust) just announced in her latest YouTube video she’s going to try hammocking again and has chosen the Blackbird and Minifly to test out.

If you’re not familiar with Dixie she’s a Triple Crowner and has one of the biggest Youtube followings of any of the hiker/backpackers out there.

If she gives positive reviews of the Blackbird that’s advertising money can’t buy and definitely will increase a Warbonnet’s exposure.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I wouldn't count on her to stick with hammocking since she's quit it before.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty, Astd. Dutch
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex, TF
    Insulation
    HG,WLSS,JrB,UGQ,LL
    Suspension
    LW straps/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I wouldn't count on her to stick with hammocking since she's quit it before.

True, but OTOH, look what she switched from! I haven't seen that video in a while but IIRC, she was using a short ENO with a Walmart tarp. Dixie is not a short girl by any means so she should be much more comfortable with her new rig. Also, she had not used the hammock much if at all before Springer (which was her first night in the woods!) and she gave it up a couple days later when she got to Neel Gap/Mountain Crossings. Maybe now she's found out that hammocks take some fiddling and have a learning curve so perhaps now she will devote a bit more time in getting a proper lay.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    She also did a video about 3 years back on why she doesn't ( or didn't ) use a hammock. Typical newbie mistakes. Got a ENO which are not camping hammocks ( I own one and would not
    take it backpacking ), tried using a thin foam pad and no UQ ( she said too much weight ), diy bug net and a tarp made from clear plastic and duct tape. Her mistake was that she was too focused on getting low cost stuff instead of getting stuff that would work and then did not learn how to use the gear she had.

Hopefully if she does get some good gear to go along with the BlackBird, I hope she takes the time to learn how to use it properly.
    Last edited by gunner76; 12-19-2019 at 12:59.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle

Dixie’s trying Warbonnet

Cool! This will be entertaining to watch She will be taking it on a section of the Pinhoti trail. No mention of an UQ though lol.

https://youtu.be/VQte7gi7Xjo

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle

Dixie’s trying Warbonnet

oops double post…

Hammock
    DIY 12ft HyperD 1.6SL
    Tarp
    The Stingray DIY
    Insulation
    Incubator/Gemini
    Suspension
    UCRWhoopieCinch

Dixie’s trying Warbonnet

She made this video years ago about why she ditched hammocks for a tent. She never mentioned what a crap setup she had. It was an eno with no Ridgeline, a diy plastic and duct tape tarp, and looked like she was hanging it at a 90 degree angle. I wonder how many people of the hundreds of thousands that watched it were turned off of hammocking because of that foolishness. She could've come here and learned a bit before she declared absolutely that tents are better. My guess is that setting the hammock up consistently will be too fiddly for her and she'll quit them again, saying that they aren't "comfortable".

Hey Dixie, watch some Shug videos. He'll teach you everything you need to know.

Okay so just repeated everything said above. **Read threads first, Cabman**
    "If we lose the forests, we lose our only instructors. People must see these forests and wilderness as the greatest educational system that we have on the planet. If we lose all the universities in the world, then we would lose nothing. But If we lose the forests, we lose everything." -- Bill Mollison

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabmanhang View Post
    She made this video years ago about why she ditched hammocks for a tent. She never mentioned what a crap setup she had. It was an eno with no Ridgeline, a diy plastic and duct tape tarp, and looked like she was hanging it at a 90 degree angle. I wonder how many people of the hundreds of thousands that watched it were turned off of hammocking because of that foolishness. She could've come here and learned a bit before she declared absolutely that tents are better. My guess is that setting the hammock up consistently will be too fiddly for her and she'll quit them again, saying that they aren't "comfortable".

Hey Dixie, watch some Shug videos. He'll teach you everything you need to know.

Okay so just repeated everything said above. **Read threads first, Cabman**
    Maybe I should just tag along with her//////
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY 12ft HyperD 1.6SL
    Tarp
    The Stingray DIY
    Insulation
    Incubator/Gemini
    Suspension
    UCRWhoopieCinch
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Haha.

Yeah she seems like a sweet person. Pretty easy on the eyes too.
    "If we lose the forests, we lose our only instructors. People must see these forests and wilderness as the greatest educational system that we have on the planet. If we lose all the universities in the world, then we would lose nothing. But If we lose the forests, we lose everything." -- Bill Mollison

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    That would be great video. Shug of the third party with Dixie of the first party. To be transparent, I've thought several times that I'd like to try a stroll through the piney woods with her.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast