Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Clifton View Post
    Heaven help us, Dixie has discovered hammocking. Makes me wanna go back to a tent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Why do you torture yourself?

There are many outdoor-related YT'ers that aren't my cuppa joe so I see a little bit at first, decide I don't really like their stuff and move on, simply never watching again. I don't waste time trying to convince others that they suck; I just don't care.

And you'd give up something you like simply because somebody you don't like is using it?

LOL, it's a crazy ol' world out there.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    Why do you torture yourself?

There are many outdoor-related YT'ers that aren't my cuppa joe so I see a little bit at first, decide I don't really like their stuff and move on, simply never watching again. I don't waste time trying to convince others that they suck; I just don't care.

And you'd give up something you like simply because somebody you don't like is using it?

Just tryin’ to stir up some muck. I get this on my YouTube feed.

Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post

Some people enjoy being haters. I also suspect that there is a healthy dose of jealousy involved when people have this kind of antipathy towards people making money with their hobby. As you said, if her videos are not your cup of tea, who cares? But for some people it seems to be more personal than that. Here is a young woman who has worked hard and has managed to make money doing something she is passionate about, so some people are bound to get jealous and bitter - quick to find fault and quick to disregard the level of work involved.

Quote Originally Posted by bansheekitty View Post
    Some people enjoy being haters. I also suspect that there is a healthy dose of jealousy involved when people have this kind of antipathy towards people making money with their hobby. As you said, if her videos are not your cup of tea, who cares? But for some people it seems to be more personal than that. Here is a young woman who has worked hard and has managed to make money doing something she is passionate about, so some people are bound to get jealous and bitter - quick to find fault and quick to disregard the level of work involved.
    No hate here, or jealousy for that matter. Just rendering my opinion, that’s all.

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    No hate here, or jealousy for that matter. Just rendering my opinion, that’s all.

Aye, free speech is such a burden isn't it? I just find the fan worship throughout this thread hilarious. The purpose of the thread wasn't even to talk about her accomplishments, just what gear she uses. Most of my annoyance with the latest video offered up is I can't stand unboxing video posts. So incredibly pointless and nothing more than click gathering. Come back after you've used it in the field.

Like stated above, this is also my opinion and free to take or reply to as people will, I'm free to say it and someone else is free to vocally disagree with it. These are rights bought and paid for.
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado SL
    Tarp
    HG DCF std camo
    Insulation
    WB DB + Wooki 20*
    Suspension
    Dyneema + Becket
    Just tryin’ to stir up some muck. I get this on my YouTube feed.
    You know there's an option in there called "Don't Recommend Channel", don't you?

Hammock
    11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    Personally I respect her efforts.She talks the talk and has literally walked the walk so good for her.I commented to her channel that when the day came that she starts to develop aches and pain she will re-visit hammocking.Maybe she just needs something new to talk about.I did notice that she has recently purchased a ULA Ohm 2.0.If my memory serves me well I know of some one else that uses one.I just hope the Hillbilly pot is off limits.......

Quote Originally Posted by alifeoutdoors View Post
    Aye, free speech is such a burden isn't it? I just find the fan worship throughout this thread hilarious. The purpose of the thread wasn't even to talk about her accomplishments, just what gear she uses. Most of my annoyance with the latest video offered up is I can't stand unboxing video posts. So incredibly pointless and nothing more than click gathering. Come back after you've used it in the field.

Like stated above, this is also my opinion and free to take or reply to as people will, I'm free to say it and someone else is free to vocally disagree with it. These are rights bought and paid for.
    I’m gonna try that. Whenever she pops up, I hit not interested but, like a bad penny, she keeps coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    Personally I respect her efforts.She talks the talk and has literally walked the walk so good for her.I commented to her channel that when the day came that she starts to develop aches and pain she will re-visit hammocking.Maybe she just needs something new to talk about.I did notice that she has recently purchased a ULA Ohm 2.0.If my memory serves me well I know of some one else that uses one.I just hope the Hillbilly pot is off limits.......
    Now she using an Ohm? My God, is nothing sacred!

Quote Originally Posted by alifeoutdoors View Post
    Aye, free speech is such a burden isn't it? I just find the fan worship throughout this thread hilarious.
    Though I wouldn't describe it as hilarious, I've come to find the repeated postings of some on this thread to be pretty amusing, as I enjoy speculating on people's motives for their posts. I'm no longer worried about Dixie reading it, as there are only three or so Negative Nancys out of all the people who have posted. As I said, I highly suspect jealousy is a factor. It's hard to come up with a good reason otherwise why these people would be drawn back again and again just to express their dislike of Dixie. Or why one would watch an entire 17 minute video when they apparently found no value in it, as one commentator reportedly did. Why not stop watching after 15 minutes? Or 12? or 10? Man, you could live to be 200 and never understand people

In any case, I love my new XLC that I got in the most recent sale. Hopefully Dixie will enjoy her BB.
    Last edited by bansheekitty; 06-25-2020 at 21:15.

• + New Posts
  • Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast