Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabmanhang View Post
    I sure hope the keyboard bullies never succeed in driving you away from making videos. Too much good comes from it. And I think most who watch benefit from and appreciate your mojo.
    Oh they won't but it takes a lot of maintenance to keep up with the site and sometimes I just get weary of it. It has an emotional element to it that gets on a feller from time to time.
    "Familiarity Breeds Contempt" as they say.

It is them there self-hatin' Jesse Dixon types......

Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    That's exactly it. Go look at any video with a million views and likes and you'll still find a few "thumbs down". I'm 100% sure those people didn't dislike anything; they're just stirring the pot.
    I don't mind Thumbs Down at all. Need them to be relevant. I generally get about 14.
    But I get WAY MORE Thumbs Up from good people. So I try to focus on that.
    Some are folks I have Blocked. They can still watch and rate but can't comment. Thrills me that they take the time to thumb me down.
    I own them////////! Haaaa
    Last edited by Shug; 12-16-2019 at 13:35.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Dutch chameleon / Banyan
    Tarp
    Cubin fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ TQ / loco UQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    I own them////////! Haaaa
    Yyyeaaah buddy. Haha they cant resist watching just to thumbs down. Love it! Haters gonna hate but shug gonna create!

Hammock
    DIY 12ft HyperD 1.6SL
    Tarp
    The Stingray DIY
    Insulation
    Incubator/Gemini
    Suspension
    UCRWhoopieCinch
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Oh they won't but it takes a lot of maintenance to keep up with the site and sometimes I just get weary of it. It has an emotional element to it that gets on a feller from time to time.
    "Familiarity Breeds Contempt" as they say.

It is them there self-hatin' Jesse Dixon types......

Yessir, thems is some purty teeth.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Quote Originally Posted by OG Honey Badger View Post
    Haters gonna hate but shug gonna create!
    Love that mantra, OG Honey Badger!!!

Hammock
    Blackbird Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Mountain Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow, Ridgereape
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Hey Shug. Thanks for commenting on a couple of my videos. How does the Lucy Light hold up to the cold temps? Also, I would love to see you do a video on when you winter camp, how you decide if you are backpacking or pulling a pulk. I know it depends on weight (cast iron pan) and how rough the terrain is going to be, but would love to hear the details. Thinking of making a pulk. Thanks again and happy new year! - Midwest Backpacker

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyL View Post
    Hey Shug. Thanks for commenting on a couple of my videos. How does the Lucy Light hold up to the cold temps? Also, I would love to see you do a video on when you winter camp, how you decide if you are backpacking or pulling a pulk. I know it depends on weight (cast iron pan) and how rough the terrain is going to be, but would love to hear the details. Thinking of making a pulk. Thanks again and happy new year! - Midwest Backpacker
    Good questions! I was recently wondering the same thing. I feel bad I don't really backpack in the winter anymore. Not even a pulk...onto a toboggan now to haul big gear. At what point do I just get a hotel room? I feel like I'll never go back to a light-ish backpacking winter trip, but I hope that doesn't happen.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabmanhang View Post
    Yessir, thems is some purty teeth.
    Self dentistry!

Quote Originally Posted by Dublinlin View Post
    Love that mantra, OG Honey Badger!!!
    Aye! Had a weird string of it lately. Thinking of pulling my plug on You Tube this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyL View Post
    The Luci light did well though had to heat the valve with hot water to deflate. Cloudy the whole time so never re-charged it and it never went dead.
    The pack/pulk thing. Late in winter i like to pulk as I can pack differently and have a few extras. Still not try to go too crazy with weight though. Still gotta pull it. I consider the snow depth and breaking trail. Packs add more weight to snowshoeing directly but with a pulk there is less weight directly on your person.
    It is a bout a 50-50 split though in energy. Pulks are tricky on trail like the SHT with hills, tight turns and steep crossings. Sometimes I drop unhook the pulk and walk up a hill without it and back down to break trail before pulling it up and unbroken hilly snow trail. Other times I hand hold the pulk in front of me so it can go down first on long steep downhills. It will for sure push against you behind you. Pulks are wonderful on good flats. And for group hangs where a feller ends up toting in extras.
    Sometimes though carrying a pack is just easier. Kinda like backpacking versus taking a canoe.

Shug,

I get the drudgery that can come from the pressure of producing your videos. However, please dont quit making your videos. Make less or stop for awhile but please dont quit. You have helped so many people, in so many ways, myself included. I thank you for that.

Happy New Year.

Bob

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Draketake View Post
    Shug,

I get the drudgery that can come from the pressure of producing your videos. However, please dont quit making your videos. Make less or stop for awhile but please dont quit. You have helped so many people, in so many ways, myself included. I thank you for that.

Happy New Year.

Bob
    I don't think I am done yet. Just may slow down and seek the joy of doing them again.
    Anything with the type of interaction You Tube brings can kind of drain a feller at times.
    Thanks for the good words.

ur welcome

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast