Hammock
    Blackbird (Single layer)
    Tarp
    Z-Packs CF w/ door
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie / Cinch
    Time to get inspired and get out. Thanks.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    “It’s worth it for...the braggin’ rights of sayin’ you lived, really.” ...uhmmm...nope! That line did NOT sell me on sub-zero camping! But it did give me a hearty chuckle!

I always enjoy watching YOU brave those temps, but I’m sticking to above 30 if possible, myself! I think I’ll come to terms with not having bragging rights that I survived!
    Last edited by Dublinlin; 12-12-2019 at 01:17.

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Snoozed 12 hours in the Warbonnet Eldorado as it gets dark at 4:15 PM so hit the hammock early. EARLY!!!
    Not light until around 7AM. Long comfy nights. I dreamt of cake.
    Great video as always. This in one of the things that I like about camping this time of year. Went out last weekend and got more sleep than I ever do at home (usually 6-7 hours). After getting dark around 5 and hanging around a camp fire for an hour or two, I'm left with 12 hours of nothing else to do except stay warm in my down goodness and relax. Getting out to pack up and get going is certainly a reality check, though.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Thanks Shug! I went to bed last night and just before falling asleep I saw this on my phone so I watched it. Good motivation for my trip this weekend. I really need to get out without the pulk since that's all I've been doing the past few winters...make sure I don't 'loose the feel' for it.

Not sure what to do with my shovel. Only 6-8" on the ground so I may leave it in the car.

Hammock
    Blue Bean by Shug,Clark Tropical
    Tarp
    Shug Over,WBSF
    Insulation
    Crowsnest&Burrow
    Suspension
    Once
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Grappler View Post
    Shug, thanks for sharing, I gotta chill just watching. Whoooooo Buddy))))))

If I’d been an early Early explorer, they’d probably discovered my frozen carcass in spring melts...
    EARLY !!!
    "I like grits,because they have no bones" Chet Atkins

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Great video, Shug! At a balmy-5ºF, I guess it is not cold enough yet to resort to a pod. You will have to wait for actual winter. I like that positive talk about the JRB HS Snivler, as I have the warm weather version, the low Sierra Snivler, or simply the Sierra Snivler. I like it, I like it a lot, as I do the Greylocks.
    Pod for the deep deep sub 0s. JRB good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by mistone View Post
    Woo wee! Another great video mighty fine! Can’t wait till It snows here.
    Snow in the NC hills is always so nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtbaghiker View Post
    Always a pleasure watching your videos. I agree about the only problem with hammock camping is that you never want to get out of the Hammock!! I can easily sleep 12 hours in mine !!
    It really is true. I was so glad it got dark EARLY so I could just crawl on in.

Quote Originally Posted by JSH View Post
    Thanks for the trip. Really appreciate your advice about managing winter camping. We don't get significant snow fall in the Mid-Atlantic area and learning from your trips is a good way to anticipate conditions that might pop up. I really like your tarp set up. I've used a SuperFly for several years. Haven't switched to an interior pole set up. I've used my poles on the outside in warmer weather to increase the tarp interior space. But see why you do this pole mod in snowing conditions.
    I mean it about staying Zen and relaxing through it. So easy to rush everything in that kinda cold....Breathe~~~

Quote Originally Posted by alt.thomas View Post
    Time to get inspired and get out. Thanks.
    Oh yes. Grab some Pockys and Pocari Sweat and hit the trail!

Quote Originally Posted by Dublinlin View Post
    “It’s worth it for...the braggin’ rights of sayin’ you lived, really.” ...uhmmm...nope! That line did NOT sell me on sub-zero camping! But it did give me a hearty chuckle!

I always enjoy watching YOU brave those temps, but I’m sticking to above 30 if possible, myself! I think I’ll come to terms with not having bragging rights that I survived!
    Always feels good to live through it! haaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Dvankirk View Post
    Great video as always. This in one of the things that I like about camping this time of year. Went out last weekend and got more sleep than I ever do at home (usually 6-7 hours). After getting dark around 5 and hanging around a camp fire for an hour or two, I'm left with 12 hours of nothing else to do except stay warm in my down goodness and relax. Getting out to pack up and get going is certainly a reality check, though.
    I really do go for the long slumber. Something about being at Peace in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    Thanks Shug! I went to bed last night and just before falling asleep I saw this on my phone so I watched it. Good motivation for my trip this weekend. I really need to get out without the pulk since that's all I've been doing the past few winters...make sure I don't 'loose the feel' for it.

Not sure what to do with my shovel. Only 6-8" on the ground so I may leave it in the car.
    I'd bring my shovel. Hope your trip goes mighty fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hickery View Post
    EARLY !!!
    Hey...you started it!!!
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Awesome. What I meant as a warning (as for our level of snow) you took as encouragement. You're one of the good ones. Cheers!
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

Thanks for the video. Did you buy a new camera to replace the one you lost in TN?
    "Of all of the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt." - John Muir

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski73 View Post
    Thanks for the video. Did you buy a new camera to replace the one you lost in TN?
    I did a home fix on my old camera and it is working much better. Removed to battery hatch and just put Gorilla tape over it and it is working fine.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Dutch chameleon / Banyan
    Tarp
    Cubin fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ TQ / loco UQ
    Nice video. You are my favorite channel to watch. I even get my wife to watch with me since your entertaining to her as well. Thanks for the link on how saying early twice got started. Ive been known to randomly do it at home and my wife would ask why. Now I have the answer. Haha.

PS you are a big reason I decided to start a youtube channel. Check my latest video out if you have some time to kill. https://youtu.be/kB8KqnSROPg

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast