Question on Grand Trunk SB modification

I have run a structural ridgeline inside the bugnetting (melted a hole in netting and reinforced with tenacious tape on both sides of netting with hold punched through tape patches).

Do you fellas think that I can fashion type of flexible pole about 30" that goes over my ridgeline and pulls out on each of the elastic loops that are on each side of the hammock bug netting . . . . thereby pulling those sections up and out.

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LearnedHat View Post
    I have run a structural ridgeline inside the bugnetting (melted a hole in netting and reinforced with tenacious tape on both sides of netting with hold punched through tape patches).

Do you fellas think that I can fashion type of flexible pole about 30" that goes over my ridgeline and pulls out on each of the elastic loops that are on each side of the hammock bug netting . . . . thereby pulling those sections up and out.
    Sure, why not?

But have you tried staking out those side pull-out loops (adding some light cord) to see if that works? That's how most are intended to be configured.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

I will try but they are high on the net so to not pull it down into the hammock the timeouts would need to be really long

C5EB425E-7772-470B-8301-524517C9D4C0.jpeg

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    OK that is a different arrangement than you see with typical cottage setups nowadays with the pullouts positioned down at the edge where net and hammock meet.

Looks as if a short pole would be needed for something like what you have pictured... seems like you want to get rid of the 2 extra cords holding up the net. But that would also seem to require a structural ridgeline in the hammock as well, which that one doesn't appear to have.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

• + New Posts