View Poll Results: What new products would you like to see from us in 2020?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Removable Net Hammock

6 6.98%
  • Down Hood

13 15.12%
  • New Sil-Poly Tarps

10 11.63%
  • New Dyneema Hammock Tarps

19 22.09%
  • Two Person Quilt

1 1.16%
  • Underquilt Protector

28 32.56%
  • Dyneema Ground Tents

7 8.14%
  • Sleeping Bag

2 2.33%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Coming kinda late to this party, but here’s something that I don’t know if it’s been tried or not. I’m not even sure exactly how to do it, or if it would even work, but since you fine folks at HG have better resources to try things here it is...a half-bridge hammock. Head end would be gathered end style, but the foot end would have a spreader bar. My reasoning is it would eliminate calf ridge (and one spreader bar over a conventional bridge so it would be lighter).

While I’m thinking about it, have you ever tried to design a top quilt to eliminate calf ridge? I have a Burrow with a sewn foot book and wondered if maybe having some kind of pocket under my knees I could slip a foam pad or some clothes in there to cushion that calf ridge would work. I’ve tried external pads and pillows to mitigate calf ridge, but the internal pocket would keep the cushioning in place. A calf ridge eliminating top quilt. Would be a marketing first.

Hammock
    DIY 11 ft Double Layer
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Inc30 / B40
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by drsolarmolar View Post
    Coming kinda late to this party, but here’s something that I don’t know if it’s been tried or not. I’m not even sure exactly how to do it, or if it would even work, but since you fine folks at HG have better resources to try things here it is...a half-bridge hammock. Head end would be gathered end style, but the foot end would have a spreader bar. My reasoning is it would eliminate calf ridge (and one spreader bar over a conventional bridge so it would be lighter).

While I’m thinking about it, have you ever tried to design a top quilt to eliminate calf ridge? I have a Burrow with a sewn foot book and wondered if maybe having some kind of pocket under my knees I could slip a foam pad or some clothes in there to cushion that calf ridge would work. I’ve tried external pads and pillows to mitigate calf ridge, but the internal pocket would keep the cushioning in place. A calf ridge eliminating top quilt. Would be a marketing first.
    Definitely some good ideas in there we'll take to heart! If you're using a gathered end hammock, oftentimes the calf ridge can be eliminated by making sure your foot end is higher than your head end. Everyone sleeps a little differently though, so I hope that helps!
    Harry Carlson
    Customer Support
    www.hammockgear.com
    740-445-4327
    [email protected]

How about a dyneema tarp in between the palace and the standard. Also, black kevlar straps would be wonderful!

Hammock
    DW Chameleon
    Tarp
    SLD winter haven
    Insulation
    Loco Ghost/Reaper
    Suspension
    Myers
    Ive not done full-internet-depth searching, but so far I havent been able to find a 13' ridge dyneema tarp. Im basically looking for a 'HG winter palace' with a 13 ridge. With an 11' hammock, 12' gets eaten pretty quickly. I recently got a 13' SLD that is awesome, so a 13' dyneema would be awesome(er?)
    Still a bit new to the hammock world, but aside from additional weight which would be nominal in my opinion, is there some other prohibitive factor Im missing?

Hammock
    DIY 11 ft Double Layer
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Inc30 / B40
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by visyoual View Post
    Ive not done full-internet-depth searching, but so far I havent been able to find a 13' ridge dyneema tarp. Im basically looking for a 'HG winter palace' with a 13 ridge. With an 11' hammock, 12' gets eaten pretty quickly. I recently got a 13' SLD that is awesome, so a 13' dyneema would be awesome(er?)
    Still a bit new to the hammock world, but aside from additional weight which would be nominal in my opinion, is there some other prohibitive factor Im missing?
    One factor would be that the longer the ridgeline is on your tarp, the higher you have to hang the tarp, so you don't interfere with your hammock suspension. With somewhat narrow sides (to make them ultralight), you really only need an 11 ft Ridgeline length on the Palace Tarp to get plenty of coverage. You could also look at it this way: Your hammock may be 11 feet long, but when you hang it correctly, that length is a little over 9 feet long. That leaves you with about a foot on each side to play with. I would honestly stick with the 11 ft length, especially since you have doors on each end. There are instances when a longer ridgeline length is needed, and we may produce some longer tarps, but at this time we will not be able to produce one that is 13 feet long.
    Harry Carlson
    Customer Support
    www.hammockgear.com
    740-445-4327
    [email protected]

Hammock
    DIY 11' 1.6 hex
    Tarp
    ENO Housefly
    Insulation
    down warbonnet, HG
    Suspension
    DIY straps and Who
    Images
    Winter cover for your zippered bug hammock! Thats the only thing keeping me from making my next purchase.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jaynecobb View Post
    Winter cover for your zippered bug hammock! Thats the only thing keeping me from making my next purchase.
    +1. The $25 Ridge Outdoors winter cover that I got off of Amazon is a good fit, but I'd definitely rather have an HG cover that fit perfectly. I would get the HG hammock and a Ridge Outdoors cover now, and then get the HG one when they are available. I use my HG hammock every night as my bed and more OUTSIDE than my Chameleon and XLC.....you won't regret buying it!
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    DIY 11' 1.6 hex
    Tarp
    ENO Housefly
    Insulation
    down warbonnet, HG
    Suspension
    DIY straps and Who
    Images
    I've watched your video several times and looks great. And really considering that purchase, but if HG redoes their hammock with two sets of zippers that will allow for bug net and winter cover at the same time...that's what I'd like. Otherwise just sticking with my DIYs for now. Live my incubator, just want my HG stuff.

Hammock
    Circadian Pro
    Tarp
    Journey
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie & Daisy
    We certainly appreciate your support and would love to make this gear wish come true! A winter top cover has been added to our prototype list! Stay tunes on it's future launch!

Quote Originally Posted by jaynecobb View Post
    I've watched your video several times and looks great. And really considering that purchase, but if HG redoes their hammock with two sets of zippers that will allow for bug net and winter cover at the same time...that's what I'd like. Otherwise just sticking with my DIYs for now. Live my incubator, just want my HG stuff.
    Sally Brown
    Representative of HG
    www.hammockgear.com

"Between every two pine trees is a door leading to a new way of life"
    -John Muir

Hammock
    DH Sparrow/WB RR
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Msc
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Beetles
    Please please please make a DCF tarp with doors that is a little wider than the standard maybe 8’ 10” and with less cat cut on the sides. A center tie out at ground level as an option on said tarp would also be amazing. Oh and door tiebacks that are easier to locate/use....And if it could be available by Christmas…��

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast