Quote Originally Posted by gooless View Post
No. I bought the Trunktech for lounging in a local retail store more-or-less spontaneously prior to a multi-day raft trip. I ended up sleeping in it with a pad and had the best "camping" sleep in years. Now I'm here.

They had the older versions in the store and the Trunktech definitely packed down quite a bit smaller and iirc seemed a bit lighter but I'm not sure. I liked the feel of the fabric which is silkier and a bit stretchier than the DW 1.7 and does not have a visible "ripstop" pattern in heavier thread. My plan was to stick with the GT until next summer and step up to a full featured netted version from one of the cottage companies but the $30 deal was too intriguing to pass up.
I can't blame you. That's a great deal! I'm thinking that the extras might not be too hard to add, even for those of us that don't sew. I picked up a pack of snaps to add those accessories after getting the new hammock. I'll check back when it warms up and I've had time to test it. It might save us some more $ and get it customized just the way you want it.