Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Bandit TQ Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images

Ridgeline with a ridgerunner?

I made the move pretty quick from my first ENO hammock over to a RR and since I thought a ridgeline was more of a gathered end hammock kind of a tool figured I would think more about them later. I was digging around for drip line stuff on the forum and saw Shug's Drip Line for Hammock suspension and noticed he appeared to have a ridgeline setup on his RR. Got me wondering if that was something a lot of people do and if it was for added comfort/simplicity of getting the sag right or convenience of being able to hang stuff off of it.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow; pads, Lynx
    Suspension
    Dutch's Cinch Bugs
    I'm guessing it's mainly used to hang stuff off of (like a phone) rather than to get the lay right, but my RR doesn't have a ridgeline so others may have more informed comments...

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Adroa View Post
    I made the move pretty quick from my first ENO hammock over to a RR and since I thought a ridgeline was more of a gathered end hammock kind of a tool figured I would think more about them later. I was digging around for drip line stuff on the forum and saw Shug's Drip Line for Hammock suspension and noticed he appeared to have a ridgeline setup on his RR. Got me wondering if that was something a lot of people do and if it was for added comfort/simplicity of getting the sag right or convenience of being able to hang stuff off of it.
    That is actually my Grizz Bridge hammock. Non structural ridgeline. Mainly put to hold up my DIY bugnet or to hang stuff off of when not using bugnet. Comes off the suspension and runs above the bugnet.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Bandit TQ Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Thanks for the info Shug! I have to admit, I pretty much assume any bridge hammock I see is the RR until told otherwise.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Google the text below and you will find dozens of threads where users have discussed this with a few good ideas on how to accomplish this.
    ridgeline on ridgerunner site:hammockforums.net

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Bandit TQ Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Google the text below and you will find dozens of threads where users have discussed this with a few good ideas on how to accomplish this.
    ridgeline on ridgerunner site:hammockforums.net
    I did feel bad for not doing much research before posting when I saw, "Ridgeline on a ridgerunner? and, "Ridgeline for a Ridgerunner" in similar threads. Shug even posted photos of his Grizz Bridge on one as well!

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    I did feel bad for not doing much research before posting when I saw, "Ridgeline on a ridgerunner? and, "Ridgeline for a Ridgerunner" in similar threads. Shug even posted photos of his Grizz Bridge on one as well!
    No, I wasn't suggesting you didn't do a search I was just providing several links worth or reading material to help with the subject. If you do add a ridge line be sure to show us pictures as I miss my hang time hook when in my RidgeRunner.

Hammock
    REI Quarter Dome Air
    Tarp
    In the market...
    Insulation
    Air Pad + Mummy
    Suspension
    Becket to straps
    ... Got me wondering if that was something a lot of people do and if it was for added comfort/simplicity of getting the sag right or convenience of being able to hang stuff off of it.
    I started using a structural ridgeline on my REI Quarter Dome Air after reading about Kitsap Cowboy’s self adjusting ridge line here: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...Integrated-Net

Having never used a structural ridgeline on on any hammock before, I just started experimenting in the backyard lab. I got my bridge set up just right from my experience (hang angle closer to 20° as opposed to the 30° suggested for GE), then tied one end of a piece of 7/64 amsteel to one of the suspension triangle carabiners with a slippery hitch, and attached to the other end with a taut line hitch.

I tightened the taut line enough that I could see the distance between the suspension triangles shorten, causing the hang angle of the triangles to increase and the hammock to “sag” a bit. While it was hard to notice the difference at first, I ended up getting the flattest/most comfortable lay I ever had.

As an added bonus, I now have a place to hang my glasses, headlamp, and a ridgeline organizer. It also allows for quick and consistent setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB RR, DIY Bridge (Dutch Kit)
    Tarp
    Kammok Glider
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, DIY BQ
    Suspension
    Whoopsie Slings
    On the RidgeRunner I never felt the need for a ridgeline. There's an insane amount of storage in the saddle bags and I also store stuff in the head and foot ends.

The bugnet is held quite high using the built-in shock cord.

I can see the use for this if you like to hang a phone from a ridgeline to watch TV in the hammock but that never appealed to me.

It only costs a bit of rope so I'd say give it a try and see if you like it. If you don't it's easy to remove.

Quote Originally Posted by scrope View Post
    On the RidgeRunner I never felt the need for a ridgeline. There's an insane amount of storage in the saddle bags and I also store stuff in the head and foot ends.

The bugnet is held quite high using the built-in shock cord.

I can see the use for this if you like to hang a phone from a ridgeline to watch TV in the hammock but that never appealed to me.

It only costs a bit of rope so I'd say give it a try and see if you like it. If you don't it's easy to remove.
    My first hammock was a WBBB XLC, and I got used to hanging a light from the ridgeline. It's super handy.

I moved over to the WBRR a few months ago, along with a 13-foot Thunderfly. The 13-foot tarp has rings sewn into the underside of the tarp that are about 10 feet (or so) apart. I ran some line between the two rings, and use that to hang my light from.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast