Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle

zing it

Listen up, MY way is THE best! No really, it’s quite nice. Take two lines. Tie a bowline knot on one end of each line. Be generous with the size of the loop. A larger loop is easier to thread through. Slip a NAMA Cord Claw onto each line and tie a stopper knot at the end of the line to keep it from slipping off. Then wrap each line around a tree by threading through it’s own loop like you do a hammock strap. Hook each Claw to an end of the tarp and tension it up enough to get it off the ground. From there, it is pretty easy to determine how much to tension each end so that it ends up in the ideal position on your first try; either centered or offset closer to the foot tree if you hang Warbonnet style.

Ultralight, cheap, reliable, quick, easy, very few drawbacks or points of fiddling.

Another FYI:
    Zing it is yellow
    Lash it is grey/gray
    They are the same though. It’s a strange naming scheme IMHO, so I figured it could possibly be confusing to others too.

An alternative place to get some great quality cordage for your tarp is Lawson at http://lawsonequipment.com/
    Last edited by HandyRandy; 12-07-2019 at 20:00.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Custom
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logics
    Suspension
    Straps and Beetle
    For summer I use zing it with a loop alien on one end and a Dutch wasp on the other. I put 2 Nama Claws in between. In the winter I switch to amsteel with a loop alien and nite eyes figure 9 with 2 home made toggles attached with prussic knot. I wish they made Nama Claws for amsteel.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    I have the original tarp flyz and zing-it on my tarps from 2012. No sign of wear other than the yellow coloring fades. I switched to gray for other uses, but no need to swap out the ridge line since it's in good shape. Light weight, strong, easy to adjust. Not the cheapest option, but when you consider all the benefits it's worth it for all 4 of my tarps.
    I have one of my early zingit ridge lines still in action. Started life as a CRL with prussiks.. I hate prussiks. Then used Loop Aliens, then a Wasp/Hook combo. Then toggle and hook. And now it's split in two with spliced double eyes & diamond knots and mini ucrs...

That thirty or so feet of zingit has seen a ton of trail time and is till in good order.

So yes to the OP.. Zingit it will work.

That said, I don't use it for ground corners any longer.. Z-Packs 1.2 Z-Line + Tarp Worms for all guy lines.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Guy lines.... a week or so ago I pre-ordered a bunch of Loopaliens Micro Ti GLT's. He's got them in hook and no hook styles.

Never much of a fan of loop aliens. Not that they didn't get the job done, just personal preference.

I have high hopes on these GLT's though.

Hammock
    GT SB ,GT double, Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Etowah 10x10
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarome View Post
    Guy lines.... a week or so ago I pre-ordered a bunch of Loopaliens Micro Ti GLT's. He's got them in hook and no hook styles.

Never much of a fan of loop aliens. Not that they didn't get the job done, just personal preference.

I have high hopes on these GLT's though.

That reminds me of a tarpworm and hookworm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rice-N-beans View Post
    That reminds me of a tarpworm and hookworm.
    Kinda sorta. Looks to be much easier to tie it off one handed with just a long stand wrap than making loops to slip over the ends. With cold fingers or gloves on... messing with itty bitty bling and manipulating lash it into baby loops with one hand isn't always fun. Less finger dexterity required and appears to be easier to maintain line tension in the process.

We'll see....

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Kinda funny, I use 4-5 different methods, depending upon my mood, weather forecast, etc. Over time I have accumulated enough hardware and knowledge, I have lots of options. I do have to say I am liking the Autumnultralight option with snow load. We all filter through our experience and perspective and find our way.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    That's interesting.. I have been a tarp worm fan for a long time. Incredibly easy to release and easy to tension.. cold, wet, tired. These look neat as well, just not sure if they can bite on 1.2mm cord. Product description says...

Designed to work with 1.75 - 2.0 mm diameter cordage

That's too bad..

Throwing the little loop for the Tarp Worm is much easier with stiff Z-Line or Dutch Wire. Far easier than with Zingit.

BTW... Zing-it is also red....
    Last edited by MikekiM; 12-08-2019 at 10:14.
    Bob's brother-in-law

Quote Originally Posted by MikekiM View Post
    ...not sure if they can bite on 1.2mm cord.

Throwing the little loop for the Tarp Worm is much easier with stiff Z-Line or Dutch Wire. Far easier than with Zingit.
    That could very well be true. Mine are 1.75mm lash-it and softer than a wet noodle. Trying... one handed... to flip a small loop, keep it open and flipped up far enough on a tarpworm so it doesn't just slide back off when you pull the cord is sometimes a little frustrating. Especially when the lines wet and your fingers are a little sluggish. My hands are quite large too though which doesn't really help with daintly little stuff like that.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    You might still have issues with the 1.2mm But it comes in a heavier 2.0 as well. I guess I could try that instead...

I found the same challenges with the zingit as it got worked in and soft. That's one of the reasons I moved away from it for ground lines... plus I wanted reflective cord.
    Bob's brother-in-law

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast