Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

Ridgerunner Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    I attached the spliced eye loops at the ends of the dogbones directly over the hooks on the Beetle Buckles. 1 loop over each hook. There's no need to add any additional pieces.
    I do this too, but you do have to be a little careful when loosening the Beetle Buckles - hold the dogbones so the RR doesn’t slip off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Lynx & Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    I guess I'm going to play around some when I get home!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Chameleon, Netless
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12, WB ThFly
    Insulation
    UGQ , HG, WB
    Suspension
    Dutch, Turtle Ties
    I second this, with one minor clarification. Specifically the straps that work best with the Beetle Buckles are called Spider/Poly straps. There is another type called Spider Web that will not work with the buckles, so I'm just adding this to avoid any possible confusion.

I did not change the dogbone length, but I did (for a while) remove the apex buckle and continous loop from each end of the hammock, so that the free ends of the dogbones can be put over the hooks of the Beetle Buckles. This allows for the minimum possible span between trees, short of making any changes to the dogbones.
    Great info... picts may help... I too am a beetle buckle user for gathered end hammocks. Do not have a bridge hammock yet.
    What I'm not clear on is what you get with "continuous loops only" on the ridgerunner. I'm assuming you need dogbones from each corner to go up to the suspension.... but am not clear if the continuous loops from WB are short like on a gathered end or if they're really longer dogbones?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Us5Camp View Post
    Great info... picts may help... I too am a beetle buckle user for gathered end hammocks. Do not have a bridge hammock yet.
    What I'm not clear on is what you get with "continuous loops only" on the ridgerunner. I'm assuming you need dogbones from each corner to go up to the suspension.... but am not clear if the continuous loops from WB are short like on a gathered end or if they're really longer dogbones?
    When you choose continuous loops only, the RR still comes with the suspension dogbones attached. It just means there are no straps, cinch buckles, whoopie slings, etc. It includes the hammock with a dogbone attached to each of the 4 corners. On each end, the dogbones meet at a metal triangle, sometimes called the apex buckle. And each of the apex buckles has a continuous loop attached for connecting to the suspension of your choice. The length of the CL is similar to what is typically found on GE hammocks.

Images
    Not my photo, but this shows the concept. Actually, this is slightly different than how I've done it, in that this shows both dogbones over both hooks. I used 1 dogbone per hook. As shown in the photo is probably a better way than what I suggested.

Photo credit to WayHigh.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre / Exped
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    I did not change the dogbone length, but I did (for a while) remove the apex buckle and continous loop from each end of the hammock, so that the free ends of the dogbones can be put over the hooks of the Beetle Buckles. This allows for the minimum possible span between trees, short of making any changes to the dogbones.
    This is how I typically run my RR. Allows the ability to separate the hammock from the suspension and, as you pointed out, allows a shorter hang distance.

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    I do it as the picture shows so that the dog bone loops go over the tab on the top buckle locking it in place.

Not my photo, but this shows the concept. Actually, this is slightly different than how I've done it, in that this shows both dogbones over both hooks. I used 1 dogbone per hook. As shown in the photo is probably a better way than what I suggested.

Photo credit to WayHigh.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    This is exactly how I do it too. My straps are the black and white ones though. I think that’s what they’re calling the spider-poly.

Photo credit to WayHigh.[/QUOTE]

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Bandit TQ Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    When you choose continuous loops only, the RR still comes with the suspension dogbones attached. It just means there are no straps, cinch buckles, whoopie slings, etc. It includes the hammock with a dogbone attached to each of the 4 corners. On each end, the dogbones meet at a metal triangle, sometimes called the apex buckle. And each of the apex buckles has a continuous loop attached for connecting to the suspension of your choice. The length of the CL is similar to what is typically found on GE hammocks.
    That explanation was extremely helpful, thanks! I don't feel like I have enough experience with my RR to begin playing with this just yet but nice to know there are options for shortening the suspension. Would be interested in some more photos of the modified dogbones with the different connections people did.

Hammock
    warbonnet ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Dyneema
    Insulation
    warbonnet lynx
    Suspension
    dutch jewelery
    Dont shorten your dogbones. If you need to shorten, you can remove these:

If still need to shorten, the next piece to remove would be the metal piece the dogbones are attached to.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast