Banshee / Chameleon
    Tarp
    TrailHeadz Topo
    Insulation
    CRO / JRB /TH
    Suspension
    Autumn Ultralight

Internal Pole Mod Help

Ok, I'm running a double internal pole mode on my CRO Winter refuge tarp. It's 2 10' poles connected to Beatie D rings on the tieout corners. Here's where I need some insight from the collective. Each pole is connected to the Dutch stinger split ridgeline by 1/16th shock cord and a mitten hook. The shock cord is larksheaded onto the pole.

When it rains the shock cord doesn't seem strong enough to keep the poles from migrating towards the center hereby reducing the internal volume.

Should I order 1/8th shock cord to replace the 1/16th and increase the strength of the shock cord or would and adjustable length of Lawson Glowire(which I have onhand) attached with the same mitten hooks and an adjustable tensioning know like a tautline work safely without damaging the tarp? Any thoughts> Or better ideas?

DSC02963.jpg
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.”
    ― Norman Maclean

Images
    The method you mention is how UGQ rigs the internal end poles they sell. They use 3/32" shock cord, if I'm not mistaken.

You could make them adjustable by running the end of the shock cord through a cord lock, then through the mitten hook, then back through the cord lock - finish with a stopper knot. Just pull more of the shock cord through the cord lock to increase tension.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    No need for them to be adjustable..or elastic. When I used that method, I used Zing-It and set them the same place every time. I got tired of running the line out to my suspension so I sewed ties on the inside of my tarp to attach the poles. Now I have plastic clips that the poles snap into.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    0° Zepp/Ren...UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware bb sus
    Images
    that's exactly what I was wondering why THEY didn't do when I got mine. Then when Dutch released his video about the double hammock tarp, that's what he did too... nice to have validation.

but i agree with both comments.

as the forest comment suggested, since you already have the shock cord you do have, just shorten it!

Otherwise, yes you can use the other cord the same way but make it adjustable instead of stretchy

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

• + New Posts