Hammock
    Chameleon, Netless
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12, WB ThFly
    Insulation
    UGQ , HG, WB
    Suspension
    Dutch, Turtle Ties

Must have enough stuff? No Black / Cyber purchases... What?

Well... have I reached critical mass? Since getting into hammock camping in a big (read expensive) way these past 3+ years.. this is the 1st year I wasn't pulling the trigger on a number of items for Black Friday / Cyber Monday directly related to the hammock. Each of the past years, I bought quilts, tarps, hammocks... etc.... this year... one pair of brush pants.... Maybe I have enough stuff? ... (for now )

It's been a fun ride.. committing to get out at least one night a month, year 'round has been a great way to learn how to handle cold, wind, rain, snow, heat and mosquitoes.
    Now I look forward to and often seek a night in the rain or snow.

Everyone else thinks I'm (we're) crazy... but hey... they're the ones who are missing out !!

Hang on!

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    There is no such thing as enough! You will find more lol

Hammock
    13 foot La Siesta
    I can even chime in on this one. i own 5 hammocks i only would use two of those for sleeping on. I have a few stands 3 to be exact. One i will use if i have to be mobile (vivere) and the others i am just going to get rid of and all i have to say is good ridence they simply do not work for full time sleeping. wishful thinking and tweeking is not going change that. And now i am waiting for a tato stand to come in. thats 325.00 i think all in all i have paid for a enough money to pay for a very cushy bed. If i had known all the stuff i know now when i started this i would have saved a ton of money but everyone is different. I am always thinking of the next best set up. I am close though. There are still things i want to try better pads under quits top quilts and i want to check out mayans in the summer and maybe brazilians in the winter i love my 12 ft dream hammock but there is something about trying new things. And even at its worse its so darn comfortable and when i move all i have to do is pack it up and go all under 30 lbs. cant beat that with a stick but man its expensive.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    I am shocked at myself.

Absolutely NOTHING caught my "I Want" button. Kind of sad.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I haven't bought any hammock gear in 4 years. I have HG 40*, 20* and 0* quilts, and a Hammock Gear Winter Palace. I won a Dutch Chameleon a couple of years ago at a raffle, and last month won a Dutch Wide Winter Tarp. I'm all set!
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    JRB James River Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11 X 10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing, TG, DC
    For me it happens with most hobbies I get to a point where I find my Holy Grail setup that works for me and the quest for gear slows way down......... Of course it takes longer with some hobbies that’s why I have 20 guitars, 10 fishing poles, 8 backpacks and 2.5 motorcycles!
    Jacks R Better, makers of the of the Original Under Quilt and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock.
    www.jacksrbetter.com
    Facebook: JacksRBetterQuilts
    Intstagram: Jacks_R_Better_Quilts

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Same here. I did some christmas shopping over the weekend, just your normal amazon purchases since Friday/Monday wasn't anything special. I didn't need a 32" Sansuiii 720p TV for $129 that was going to break in 7 months, or a toaster for $5 that only browns one side and tries hard to burn my house down.

On the hammock side of things, I'm totally done. I only have a few related camping items like a new camp axe and larger saw on my list. I'm glad the list is empty because I'll put that money towards gas for driving and getting out for 5 solid trips this winter.

Hammock
    DIY WINTER HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    Diy Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Dutch gear
    Images
    It has almost came to the point where I need to stopBuying new stuff but always keep buying more stuff to buy it will never end!!! I’ve got sucked into the black hole and cannot get out!!
    Last edited by mistone; 12-04-2019 at 08:27.
    Its a good day to be out in the woods no matter the weather.Mist One..

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Goose bumps
    Suspension
    Bat Feet
    There's always something better. Most of what I have is DIY (except for down quilts) and I continue the search to build it.
    Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener.

Hammock
    Chameleon/Ridgerunner/Raven
    Tarp
    OMW/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Ghost P/Ridge Reap
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have a top cover on my list. I bought a Whisperlite, a puffy and an Appalachian Gear Company hoodie recently. As far as hammock stuff, I think I will eventually get a 20 degree TQ since I have 0, 30 and 50, but that is about it. Oh and I did put a Ridgeline organizer too, as I want one on my Chameleon and one on my Raven. I thought about buying a Lite AF pack to save a pound, but since I don't summer backpack, I am not sure I would get enough use out of it. I think using it with my 20 degree setups would be a tight fit.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast