Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20*
    Suspension
    June Bugs
    I have a thunder fly, and it works great. My friend has the mini fly and wishes he had gotten the thunder fly instead. His complaint is that when its windy the breeze comes through easier and makes it chilly

Quote Originally Posted by arcana73 View Post
    I have a thunder fly, and it works great. My friend has the mini fly and wishes he had gotten the thunder fly instead. His complaint is that when its windy the breeze comes through easier and makes it chilly
    That could be a plus for me as I will be camping a lot in the humid tropical rainforest where I need breathability just as much as rain protection.

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    The standard 11' Warbonnet tarps will all work with the Chameleon, although end coverage is not that great without doors or mini-doors. What you might consider as well is, that the Chameleon is actually about half a foot longer in reality than the XLC/Eldorado/Traveler XL and has a lot more sag. This means that the fairly narrow Minifly will provide less side coverage for a Chameleon than for an XLC. You will likely have to hang it closer to the ridgeline. That's why I would suggest going with the wider Thunderfly.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nach_ View Post
    That could be a plus for me as I will be camping a lot in the humid tropical rainforest where I need breathability just as much as rain protection.
    Breathability has never been an issue for me with any tarp. If anything, a wider tarp will allow better breathability in bad weather, because you don't have to hang it so close to the ridgeline. I used a Dream Hammock DangerBird (which is very similar to the Chameleon) with a Warbonnet Edge (which is the precursor to the Minifly) in 2013 and had to hang it so close to the ridgeline that it started to feel almost like a top cover:

Quote Originally Posted by hutzelbein View Post
    The standard 11' Warbonnet tarps will all work with the Chameleon, although end coverage is not that great without doors or mini-doors. What you might consider as well is, that the Chameleon is actually about half a foot longer in reality than the XLC/Eldorado/Traveler XL and has a lot more sag. This means that the fairly narrow Minifly will provide less side coverage for a Chameleon than for an XLC. You will likely have to hang it closer to the ridgeline. That's why I would suggest going with the wider Thunderfly.
    Very helpful information! I have decided to go with the Thunderfly, seeing that the 20d silpoly version is only 1.65 oz heavier than the lightest minifly I think like the reduced coverage is hard to justify.

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I have used both the Mini and Thunderfly with my Chameleon and the work just right. Of course it all comes down to tarp width and what you are comfortable with.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Went out last week with my Chameleon for a 2 nighter. Took my minifly because it was *supposed* to be sunny and didn't need a bigger tarp. Ended up raining most of the first day and night. Plenty of room for my rig and a chair under the porch mode rigged tarp. Enjoyed watching the rain while sitting comfortably dry. Also enjoyed that the tarp in its CF/Dynema stuff sack was only 12 oz in my pack. The minifly is not a "little" tarp.

Hammock
    DIY WINTER HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    Diy Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Dutch gear
    Images
    Custom made war bonnet Superfly 12 foot is what I’m looking to get next
    Its a good day to be out in the woods no matter the weather.Mist One..

Hammock
    WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ Incubator
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Better to have more and not need it, than not have it and need it. IMHO, a few extra ounces on your shelter isnt going to slow you down, and if its a good hike, you will probably burn that weight off your waistline by the time you get to your destination anyway.
    I have two Superflys and love them. I have been in two torrential downpours that lasted all night, and all my gear stayed bone dry.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ridgerunner/ chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    I use an 11’ thunderfly and it works great. Any of the Warbonnet tarps are killer. The doors are the game changer and allow more coverage with a smallerish tarp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast